1. 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐜

Just as Ward had promised they were taken to a more remote area. Not completely empty ofcourse there were many people living there but none of them would had had any clue as to who their new neighbours the 'camerons' were. It was a good start for them. Ward keeping his connections found out that his daughter never returned to the OBX. Where she was no one knew. Missing with her the pogues. Maybe they had gone too with JJ to a place better or worse than this world.

Rafe couldn't care less, his sister was missing. So what? That made him the prize in the family. He was happy that his sister was gone again, that his sister showed her true pogue colours making his father value him more. Rafe had the time of his life knowing that he had everything he wanted. His sister was gone, he was the one helping his father, they had a huge house in their new place of living and he even got the girl.

Kayla

She wasn't the Kayla smith you knew her to be, the one that enjoyed her life who was optimistic and happy maybe at times annoying but always wanted to have fun. Go out and surf, sleep for so long that her friends often thought she died in her sleep. Kiara running in the chateau shaking the girl until she wakes up, when she does she would go with the pogues to the wreck and stuff herself with all the food she sees. She loved her life and her boyfriend.

JJ maybank passed away right infront of her eyes. He was never really gone but she saw him lying on a boat lifeless and refuse to have hope. Hope was horrible thing to her where she would have to constantly wait till she saw him again never really knowing if she would. She didn't want to waste the rest of her life waiting for something that would never come. She didn't want to waste the rest of her life grieving for someone so special because she already did that with her parents and it took up years of her life.

It hurt her to grieve, it hurt her to constantly think of the boy she loved dying and leaving her. It physically hurt so much but mentally it was torchure. The pain was so much worse like she was eaten from the inside. She wanted to change become like Rafe which she eventually did but it wasn't as easy as that. Kayla was insomniac, she couldn't fall asleep because when she closed her eyes she'd see the lifeless body of JJ. Her mind kept fighting her will to give up on him.

She wanted to let go, she wanted to live in a new way with Rafe and not JJ but she was constantly haunted by visions of him. His death over and over again. To her badass exterior she had developed it did nothing when Rafe found her screaming in her sleep and crying when she felt like she was stuck rewatching JJ's death. She never tried to sleep or wanted to sleep even she gave up on it. Sometimes she would take pills in order to get a good night's sleep because it was all in her head.

Rafe always noticed her not sleeping, he never questioned it. He saw how madly in love she was with JJ and she lost him. But as time went by she slowly gave up on JJ maybe not completely but her conscious stopped fighting her. She fell into her psychopath ways, like her boy Rafe Cameron.

"You asleep?" Rafe asked as the both of them laid in bed, Rafe looking up at the ceiling and Kayla on her side eyes wide open. She hummed in response. Rafe slowly moved over and wrapped his hands around the girls waist. "Did you take your pill?" He asked in a whisper with his eyes closed. "No, but I'm fine" she replied. "Whatever you say" he said before drifting off to sleep. Kayla took out her phone staring at the lockscreen not knowing why she had it in her hands or what she was planning on doing with it. She sighed and kept it back on the bedside table and slowly pushed Rafe's hand away getting up and leaving the room. She had a good night's sleep the night before without taking her pill which was a shocker but she was happy, it was an achievement for her. One step closer to being a new person.

She went to the rooftop of the house, the late night's cold breeze hitting on her skin as she was still in pyjama shorts and a tank top. She laid there looking at the sky. She didn't wonder about her friends, she gave up on thinking of them for so long, she heard that Sarah never returned to the Obx none of the pogues did. She just took them as if they had gone with JJ. Her mind never gave her a reason to think fo her friends. Sarah, kiara, Pope and John B. But it did with JJ awhile ago which now she had pushed aside. She looked at the stars in the sky and smiled, almost devilishly.

She walked back into Rafe's room, closed her eyes and slept. A good night's sleep. No more JJ.

For now atleast.

+++++

"Look who's up" Rafe laughed as he saw Kayla walking into the kitchen. "Good morning kayla" Rose said not facing her and eating her breakfast kayla nodded but realized Rose wouldn't see her and replied "morning Rose". Wheezie sat in silence. Ever since she lost her sister who promised not to leave her side she was silent most of the time. She'd come over to Rafe's and just jabber on as she did. Rafe rolling his eyes everytime she enters but still listens to her ramblings.

"Wheeze" Kayla said sitting next to her. "What?" She said in anger and annoyance. "Jeez" kayla said and wheezie rolled her eyes walking away. She didn't like Kayla like she used to, she hated that kayla was now considered another part of the family since Sarah was no longer apart of them. "Wheezie" Rose followed from behind. Kayla couldn't care less she just rolled her eyes and continued eating her food.

"What was that all about?" Rafe asked sitting next to her. "Same old" kayla rolled her eyes. Rafe laughed and sat next to the girl admiring her features. He was a psychopath that maybe you thought was incapable of falling love ever but Kayla had been with him throughout and now she was changing, she was now like him and he loved it. He loved that he had a partner in crime, he loved that they were both crazy.

She took a last bite of her bagel and looked up at the boy and saw his smile and she smiled back pecking his lips and getting up walking back up to her room.

Kayla took the small orange bottle of pills. Not something that was easy to find but with Rafe's connections she'd got it. The reason she barely used it was because it affected her in ways, she didn't feel anything when she took it. No emotion whatsoever. No sadness, no anger, no love, no happiness. Nothing at all, she was almost void.

What she had for Rafe was confusing. She wasn't addicted to the drug she took it barely. When she didn't she felt happiness she felt desire around Rafe, she barely felt grief. Which was a reason as to why she didn't depend on the pill. The void feeling helped her throughout though whenever she thought of JJ. Human life meant nothing to her anymore, both her and Rafe cameron.

They cared about nothing around them, not a single life but only each others presence.

_________

So this is only a bit of a filler yk nothing important , next chap will be up in a few B)
If you hate it tell me because I need honest opinions!