8. 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

"Where are we going?" Kayla asked, "dad said not to stay in the house for the next few days so we have to go somewhere else." Rafe said packing a bag. "so we can go anywhere?" Kayla asked slowly opening her closet and packing some of her stuff too. "yeah pretty much" He responded. Kayla's head immediately thought of the outerbanks, she didn't want to go back but at the same time she did. "So... where are going?"  Kayla asked again. "There's a pretty cool hotel, a bit far away from here but it'll do" Rafe said taking his bag out of the room. Kayla fought to urge to ask him if they would ever return back to the obx. She didn't know why she even wanted to think about that place again.

"So we're leaving right now?" She said running down the stairs following the boy. "It's a long ride kay, we'd probably need some food" he said getting onto the car and Kayla did too. "Dad will send people to get the bikes" he added starting the car.

They walked into a nearly empty supermarket, both kayla and Rafe on the opposite sides walking down the food Isles and kayla grabs some snacks with a smile on her face. When she saw a old lady walking towards Rafe. She knew something was going to happen and she smirked leaning against a wall watching in amusement to see what rafe would do. She couldn't hear what the lady was saying but she laughed watching Rafe awkwardly scratching the back of his head. " can you help me get that item on the other side." She said pulling rafe by the hand.Rafe looked around awkwardly searching for Kayla. When he did spot her his eyes showed the 'come save me' look. Kayla laughed and walked upto them but then twisted her heels and payed for her things leaving to the car with Rafe who was lightly annoyed.

After politely helping her, he jumped back into the car and closed the door. "Looks like you got a fan there cameron" She laughed breaking open a bad of chips. Annoyed with the fact that she left him there he decided to play with her. "Yeah she tried to talk me into dating her granddaughter." He said putting his hand in her bag of chips. Kayla lifted her head and looked at him with a confused expression and pushed his hand away from taking her chips. "Too bad I didn't get her number, 'oh she is an amazing girl, a good looking boy like you would be so good for her'" He imitated the lady's voice and kayla got annoyed.

"You ever go with some other girl and someone is going to die." She smiled innocently, "you know I'm not bluffing" she added. He pulled the bag of chips from her hand. "Ooooh I got chills" He pretended trying to hold back a laugh. "I don't need anyone when I have this creepily cute chick right next to me" He smiled before starting the car and driving off. One hand on the wheel and one on kaylas thigh, "want one?" She asked and he nodded not even knowing what she was asking him. She took the opportunity to give him the sourest candy ever. As soon as it touched his tongue his eyes squinted and the car stopped out of nowhere. "Ewww kay!" He yelled. "Shut up its so good" she laughed.

"I'm going to get you back one of these days kayla smith" He added. She laughed until she realized they weren't going back home and they were on their way to the hotel. she had left one of her bags back at home before they left. "Don't be mad" she said before continuing. "What why?" He asked. "I left one of my bags home and we may have to turn all the way back" She said and Rafe internally screamed. "Kaylaaaa" He said. "Don't go all hulk on me please" she said but nevertheless she got a parent like lecture from the boy about how she was wasting time and should've brought it down when he brought his. "Not my fault you didn't tell me!" She muttered under her breath.

Reaching the house kayla soon kissed his cheek and got off. "Sorry" she said running into the house.

Kayla's POV

Running out I heard Rafe's phone ring not bothering to wonder who it could be I went up to the room and taking my bag. I looked around to make sure I hadn't left anything else. "Kay! I'm going to be right back, just make sure we didn't leave anything" he yelled from downstairs. "Okay!" I yelled in response. As i was searching around my phone suddenly vibrated.

Thea
Kayla, I'm sorry about how I yelled at you. I can answer all your questions properly and honestly. I'll be there?

I mentally screamed in annoyance. I didn't want to know about why she was following me so much. I have a feeling her parents kicked her out but I couldn't care less.

Kayla
No, just leave me alone.

Thea
Shit, I didn't think you'd say that 😬
I'm right outside lol

Kayla
Istg Thea

I couldn't tell if the girl was lying so I went to the nearest window and saw her standing there. "Kayla I just came to apologize!" She yelled from down. "I don't want to hear it. Just stop worrying okay!" I yelled putting my head out of the window. " we are family you can't just ignore me" Thea retorted. "We stopped acting like family a long time ago Thea I don't see why you're still trying so hard." I shook my head. I could tell the girl was going to say something else but instead she closed her mouth again and began walking towards the house.

I groaned knowing she was going to come in and try have a civil conversation. I slowly kept my bags on the floor and began walking down the creaking staircase and I could see someone sitting near the kitchen counter. Expecting to see Thea i was confused, it was definetly not thea. I assume thea was still out.

Looking a little dirty after maybe alot of work, a head of blonde hair that seemed so familiar but it couldn't be what my mind kept telling me it was. Sunkissed skin and i was sure i saw a toothpick in his mouth playing around. He looked as if he hadn't had a bath in a long time, greasy and his clothes were messed up. "Hello?" I asked expecting the person to turn around. I still stood on the stairs not wanting to get too close to whoever it was.  the stranger turned around and looked at me. It was as real as it could feel but I knew this was all apart of my imagination because there was no way ever that this was happening.

"Princess?"

______

Is it who I think it is? Maybe, maybe not

Muwahahahhahahahaha