4. 𝐣𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐐

Just a reminder that whatever shit that happens in this book is strictly because its a book, like its fiction. Don't murder anyone please😭
_____________

She dialled 911, what was she doing?

Rafe wanted to stop her but realized she had a plan. She began to scream yell and break down, walking outside towards the bar. Rafe helping her walk. "911 what's your emergency"  they heard Kayla's cries, "ma'am, what happened" they asked. "I didn't want to do it" she said crying loudly. Rafe was watching g her and he couldn't help but help her up and calm her down even though it was all an act. Maybe it wasn't to her he thought. "Where are you. Ma'am. What happened?"  Rafe heard the phone still asking kay and whatever plan she had he decided to help her in the act.

Pulling the phone from her he answered the questions and soon heard sirens, the people from the bar coming over and surrounding the place. Kay broken in Rafe's arms as people began chattering around them watching the body of a man being pulled out of the alley nearby and yellow tape around the scene of murder. An officer walking up to Rafe and Kayla. "Sir, what exactly happened." He asked again with a notepad in his hand, Kayla had calmed down now only hearing small stifles from her side. "He was onto my girlfriend when we are at the bar and i told him to leave her alone. Kay here went to wait outside and when I came she was crying here. I really hope this isn't going to be a problem it was self defense" Rafe said and the officer kept no emotion in his face and looked at kayla.

"Ma'am, we will have to take you in for a few questions." He said. Rafe soon shaking his head. "Dude, she went through something fucking traumatic, ask the questions now and let me take her home." He yelled. "Sir I'm going to need you to calm down" the officer added. "No I'm not calming down! she doesn't need to go anywhere but home." He yelled getting louder causing another older officer to walk in there. "Hey, hey, hey, what's going on" the other officer asked and both officers moved to a corner talking about something constantly eyeing kayla.

They walked back, "ok son, we need to ask your girlfriend a few more questions and we will let you go. you have to give us your contact information." Kayla answering all their questions letting them assign that this was indeed a matter of self defense. "And what's your name" she looked at Rafe and the two weren't going to mention their real names. "Lizzy...lizzy Marshall" she said and they jotted it down on paper. "Officer can I please take her home now?" Rafe said rolling his eyes annoyed with them for keeping the two there for so long. "Yeah son you can go" the older officer spoke.

The two held each other still playing the sorry picture of a broken hurt girl that had to do that of self defense. But when they were far enough out of the site they both looked at each other and began laughing, almost psychotically. "I think I might have a crush on lizzy Marshall" Rafe said, "I kinda like her too" Kayla laughed. "And I thought I was out of my mind" Rafe said looking at the girl who wiped the fake tears off her face. "Oh I only became like this because I spend too much time with you"  she said holding his hand and swinging it up and down.

Back home it was so late, or so so early. Rafe helped patch up the girls cut. She admired his features as he worked and broke the silence. "Do you think we'd ever breakup again?" She asked him and he looked up at her, slowly moving aside the strand of hair that had fallen on her face and tucking it behind her ear, "never" He smiled. No more JJ to ruin his dream of being with the girl for the rest of their lives or so they thought. They weren't like the others, no one would justify what they did as right. They were the Joker and Harley Quinn of their world nothing but each other mattered to them.

Rafe stood up and went downstairs while kayla put together todays events, she didn't feel anything. No guilt, pain, sadness not even any good feelings really. Maybe for awhile there she enjoyed herself but she was empty. Again nothing mattered and she was void. Rafe walked back in with a bottle of water in his hands and he gave her the pill. "You need a good night's sleep babe" He said making sure she drank her pill before lying back down on the bed.

+++++

"Ow!" Kayla screamed causing Rafe to jump up. The boy had made the mistake of wrapping his hand around the girls waist and pulling her closer only pressing her wound. "Oh shit! I'm so sorry kay!" He said his hands on his head. "You better be" she said groaning and getting off the bed. "Are you okay?" He asked as she sat near the table slowly removing the bandages and showing an open wound, slightly yellow around it after the betadine applied on it. "It doesn't hurt as much" she said. "Sorry ,again" He said and she shook her head.

"I wanna go on a ride today" she said changing the subject. Rafe was going to speak against her idea but then chose not to. He just walked over to her as she admired the boy who remained shirtless from the previous night and baggy sweatpants. His hair dropping on both sides of his forehead he walked upto the girl kissing her lips softly. "Maybe we should should down for lunch...they're probably...searching for us" Kayla said in-between kisses her lips still pressed against his. The two had slept through breakfast because they came home so late the previous night. "Ughhhh" He groaned as kayla moved away from him. "Some other time okay" she smiled again innocently.

The two did go back down and have lunch soon after and as promised Rafe took Kayla out for a ride but this time far away from the last rouge they took near the garage. After awhile Rafe stopped his bike, Kayla furrowed her brows and stopped too. The same ducati he had seen following them and not very far from their house. The same stranger that creepily waved at them. Expecting whoever the man was to come upto them Rafe got off and so did Kayla who came and stood next next her removing her helmet. Just as she did so did the stranger.

It wasn't a man, it was a woman.

"Gabs, you are so damn hard to find" she spoke

"Gabs, you are so damn hard to find" she spoke. Rafe looked at Kayla in confusion but she didn't seem to have the same look on her face. "Gabs?"