15.𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞

Kayla wasn't sure what to do after leaving the chateau going back wasn't going to solve anything now. She found out that Rafe had just been released from the detention center so she went there as quick as she could.

He stood there looking around confused after just being told his father got him out by shoupe, saying his father took the fall for him. No one there to pick him up he began to walk towards his house looking at the floor and tears dripping off his face as he was so confused.

"Rafe!" Kayla yelled following him, he turned back and looked at her. The one person who is always there for him no matter what happens . she would always make sure he didn't go through it alone.

Actions are alot louder that words and she just hugged him, he wrapped his arms around her tiny body and she rubbed his back. She needed the hug just as much as he did because she lost someone she loved too.

Quietly they went back to the Cameron house with police still swarming the place as it was a place where a murderer lived, gathering everything they could and cleaning up the place.

The next morning they were given a message from their father, his last words for them. The entire family sat down watching the video. Rafe asking Kayla to come there aswell. Kayla kept her hand on Sarah's shoulder while Rose comforted Wheezie. Rafe had a glass of alcohol in his hand watching his father take blame for everything he did and it hurt him.

 Rafe had a glass of alcohol in his hand watching his father take blame for everything he did and it hurt him

"To all of you, I leave my estate, uh. To be divided equally and I leave a love deeper than I could ever express. Take care of eachother" with those last words the video stopped and Wheezie ran to her room. Slowly Rose and Sarah left too.

"I'm gonna check on wheeze, okay?" Kayla said to Rafe rubbing his back and he nodded running behind Sarah.

Kayla slowly knocked the door of wheezies room which was half opened. Wheezie soon wiping the tears of her eyes. "Hey Kayla" She smiled. Kayla went up to her and sat down. "I just came to ask you if I could get you anything?" Kayla asked looking at the little girls face.

"No...not really" She replied. "How about ice cream?" Kayla asked hoping for atleast a slight smile. "I'm 13, not 7" wheezie said not meaning to sound rude but just stating the facts. "No one is old enough to not want ice cream wheeze" Kayla said standing up.

"Two scoops of vanilla then" Wheezie slightly smiled, "that's what i thought" Kayla laughed leaving to go get her some Ice cream. On the way out of the residence she heard Rafe talking to Sarah. "It was his dying wish and now he's gone, and I swear I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen" He said standing infront of Sarah's bicycle.

"I know I can't...can't change the past but I'm going to be different now, I'm sorry" He said walking back in as Sarah drove away. "Where are you going?" Rafe stopped to ask Kayla. "To get Wheezie se ice cream, wanna tag along?" She asked him as a small smile appeared on his lips. "Yeah"

They walked into the ice cream shop and Kayla heard a little girl screaming her name. "It's kayla, Ian!" As soon as she turned backs he saw Riley. The little girl Rafe used to babysit. "Hi" kayla bent down next to the girl. Ian coming up to Rafe and giving him a fist bump. "Why did rafie stop coming to see us" Riley pouted as Kayla looked up at rafe.

"Because Rafie doesn't like to be called Rafie" He said making kayla laugh but he had a serious face on. "But Kayla calls you Rafie and you always talk about how much you love her" ian spoke.

Kayla stood up and looked at Rafe. "Oh Rafie has feelings?" Kayla pretending to be shocked. "Shut up" He laughed rolling his eyes. "Ian and Riley what have I told you two about leaving me in public places." Mr. Hudson walked taking Riley to his hands till he spotted rafe. "Oh..uh, I'm so sorry for your loss" He said and Rafe nodded in silence.

"Well I guess we'll see you some other time mr. Hudson" kayla said interwining her fingers with Rafe and going to get the ice cream they came for. In silence they ordered what they wanted and walked back to the Cameron house. Rafe sat down on the floor near his bed and Kayla sat next to him.

In a few minutes he slowly placed his head on her lap as she played with his hair. She thought about how much she missed JJ right now but didn't want to end up tearing here and tried to think of something else. "Did you go to your Dad's room?" She asked as she had seen all the others slowly doing so, seeing his last memory but she didn't want to rush him.

"I don't want to go there alone" He said staring at the ceiling and feeling cakmed with Kayla near him. "What will your pogues say if they knew you were with me?" He said now focusing his eyes on her.
"Apparently nothing" She said not having received a text from any of them. "JJ?" Rafe asked.

"We broke up" her voice cracked. Rafe slowly stood up and looked ar her hurt eyes. "What did he do?" He asked but she didn't reply. Rafe sighed "can you come with me to go to Dad's room?" He asked standing up and she nodded.

+++++

"Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato two" JJ said holding beers and throwing it at John B. He didn't tell them about Kayla yet and just wanted to drink his problems away. He regretted giving her the ultimatum and hoped she'd come back. "What're you guys doing down here? Having a good cry?" He asked. "Cry?....we don't cry?" Pope and John B furrowed their brows.

"Where's Kayla?" John B was the first to ask. "Idk. JJ?" Kiara asked looking at him. "Uh, we...May have broken up" He said looking at his beer can and not wanting to make eye contact wirh any of the pogues around him. "What? Why would you guys break up y'all barely ever stay without eachother for 3 hours" Pope said in shock. "I don't want to talk about it man"

John B looked at kie, "do you think they'd come around?" And she smiled. "They're pogues John B, I know they will" kiara had faith. "I'm not going to be there only girl having to deal with y'alls shit" she said taking a can of beer.

++++

Rafe touched his fathers old clothes and watches. It soon came to his head  that now he was the man of the cameron household. He took one jacket of his fathers and walked towards the mirror and tried it on. Kayla stood there watching him decide to take matters to his own hands now.

She slowly walked infront of him and adjusted the jacket and dusted off the sides. "Looking spiffy Rafie" He rolled his eyes. "Thank you kay" He said.

 "Thank you kay" He said