19.𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 '𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬

All good things come to an end, like when they were all happy about finding the cross but but soon after getting the twinkie stuck in mud.

The six of them stood out annoyed, "I can get my grandparents car" Kayla said. "Isn't that like a crime cause they're old?" JJ asked. "Either way it's a crime to steal something but they have two vehicles." She added. "Kayla and JJ can go" John B said but Kayla asked Kiara to come with them aswell not wanting to be alone with JJ. After getting her car from her grandparents, borrowing it even they went to the chateau.

"I think its in the surf shack, it'll only take a second" JJ said jumping out of the backseat. While kiara sat infront and kayla in the drivers seat. "Wanna switch?" Kayla asked knowing kiara was a much better driver. As they got off their seats JJ walked towards them with his father.

"Excuse me?" Kayla asked confused. "Just get in" JJ pushed his father towards the back seat. "The twinkie is drowning JJ" kiara yelled while walking towards where Kayla and JJ were. "Leave him we can come back" kayla said and maybe it was the anger of their breakup coming out or maybe the pressure of saving his father but he held kayla aggressively and looked into her eyes. "The cops are after him. If I do this now, maybe i will never have to do it again" He said while going to the backseat and Kayla swapped with kiara.

They stopped at a spot for JJ, he went in getting some beers for his dad. "Do you need help?" Kayla asked JJ "no" He replied walking away as kayla got back in the car. "What a shitty boyfriend" his dad spoke. "We're not together" Kayla said. "JJ is fine,  you're just a really shitty dad" kayla said and saw kiara smiling.

"He's a thief is what he is" luke spoke again. "I'm not even doing this" kayla said refusing to talk to luke. "What are you? You're just a wasted local salt, who never did shit" kiara started instead of Kayla and she went on. Luke chuckled before speaking. "You know, you sound just like your mama. She was just like that in high school.  Always thought she was better than everybody else." Kiara rolled her eyes. "Kook princess.You know, I bet you're a lot like your mama.   Slumming with the bad boys.  Are you an ungrateful shit like she was?" Kayla turned behind. "I think I'd shut up right about now if I were you" she said in a very annoyed tone. But he continued.

"Miss Figure Eight, hopping up there on your high horse--" before he said anymore kiara punched him in the face. "Thank you" kayla threw her hands up after kiara finally got him to shut up. "Don't get me started on you're parents" He said groaning. JJ walked out of there and none of them said a word.

Dropping his father off JJ insisted he went alone. Kayla wanted to be there for him, she really did but she couldn't. He came back to the vehicle where kiara and kayla waited. Kayla hopping out of it and walking towards him. "You okay?" She asked. "Fine" He replied blankly. As they went to rescue the twinkie.

Coming back they began to yell fighting, pogues blaming each other for how long they took. Yelling that John B got bit by a gator. JJ yelled at everyone to stop all at once, silence. "Look, I just helped my dad leave this island for good. Like he's not ever coming back. He just straight up like the Spanish, "bon voyage"" He said in the wrong language.

"That's the wrong language" one of them pointed out. "Kayla should've taught him better" Pope said and kayla rolled her eyes playfully. But JJ continued " I know for a fact that all i got is you guys. You're it" he said looking at each and everyone of them and maybe his eyes were placed on Kayla a little longer.

"I mean, shit, you were held at gunpoint twice. You almost drowned, you nearly kidnapped." He said looking at kayla, kie and Pope respectively. "Sarah, you've been shot. John B, you were almost dinner for a freaking gator bro. So blaming each other is some Kook ass bullshit. We don't do that we're pogues" He finished. "Sorry that was alot--" He said scratching the back fo his neck while each and every single one of them began slow clapping.

"Well done" Pope said. "I gotta be honest that's the best freaking speech you've ever given" John B added. "You should think about like, a Rossetta stone. Cuz you're spanish and French are flip-flopped" Everyone laughed and he lifted both his middle fingers at them. "We should bon voyage out of here" Sarah said as they all got out of the top of the twinkie. Kayla looked at JJ and he to her and the two of them with soft smiles.

"Are they about to kiss? Kayla is gonna kiss him." John B decided to speak and both of them turned towards John B and said "no" at once. After getting the twinkie out kayla went up to John B. "Sometimes I wish that gator just gobbled you up" She said and John B's eyes widened because he was terrified of an annoyed Kayla.

They left to the church as soon as they could and looked around but was unable to find anything yet. Pope didn't want to give up, he never did. So he started climbing the church as he saw a huge cross shape on top. "Pope that's not safe" kayla yelled. "Yo! This church has got to be like 200 years old" JJ too screamed but Pope was ignoring them and trying his best to get to it. Everyone told him it was dangerous but he was dead set on getting it.

"Bro, look out for the giant wasp nest above your head" JJ observed. "Move slow alright" they all watched as the boy moved past the nest and tapping the wood. "It's hollow" He said with widened eyes. Calling for a crowbar, Sarah ran out to get it. "Slowly okay" kiara said and Pope broke open the wood.

Revealing the cross of santo Domingo. The Gold shining there and gems all around it. Each and everyone's faces brightened up at the view of the cross. Remember when we said good things turn into bad Alot. The wasps thought this was the best time to start stinging at Pope. He started yelling almost falling down with his hand gripping the wood. "Take it easy!" JJ said as John B suggested Sarah, Kie and Kayla stacking up cushions so that he would have a smooth fall.

_________
I know it's alot of boring chapters but the ending I have planned is just *chef's kiss* can't wait to start writing it now