18.𝐀𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐨

Both Sarah and Kayla went to the chateau to tell them about it. walking in Kayla missed it, she missed sitting there outside with the pogues.

"What's up" kie smiled at the two of them, Kayla smiling back. "Shouldn't you be om figure eight with your little group of polo players, or did you break up with topper?" John B asked unimpressed. "We're just friends" She replied.

"Kayla haven't seen you in awhile" John B added, "I would've come here but I was following Mr. Maybanks strict rules of not coming back" She remarked sarcastically. "How's rafe kayla? Y'all doing good in the bedroom?" JJ asked out of nowhere Kayla just rolled her eyes in response to how awkward he made it.

"We're here for Pope" kayla said without wanting to go on with this conversation. Pope sat up looking at us. "I think we found the island room" Sarah said having all of them get into the twinkie as soon as possible but kayla stayed back and pulled JJ with her.

"I don't think you can make me look like some whore after breaking up with me just cause you can't trust me with Rafe" she said annoyed at his behaviour. "So you're telling me you didn't sleep with him?" He asked, "no no I didn't" she replied truthfully. "Made out with him?" He asked and she didn't reply "that's what I thought" JJ said getting into the twinkie and going to the Cameron house.

They reached the spot and ran upto the room in curiosity. "No freaking way" John B walked in looking around. "A map of the entire island" He said.  "I think you're right John B because this is rixons right here" JJ said as he walked towards the walls. Kie and Pope too fascinated. Sarah and Kayla never got a good view of it till now. They figured out it was Denmarks drawings. "How did y'all uncover this" the four pogues looked at both Sarah and I. "We didn't" Sarah added.

"Okay then who did it?" Kie asked. "The freaks" Wheezie said causing all of them to jump at the sudden voice. They all questioned her about these 'freaks'. "Yeah the sick lady and her attack dog. Last night Rafe was with Kayla in his room and I heard the door banging, Rafe stomped out and they were talking to him" She said.

"Kayla you didn't see them then?" Pope asked and she shook her head but saw JJ's eyes fixed on her when Wheezie said she was with Rafe. "Pale blonde lady in crutches?" Kayla asked. "Uh-uh" wheezie replied. 

Wheezie told us that Rafe took limbrey around the house and then they found the room. "They were talking about going across the sand flamingo" She said. "That's code for something." JJ was quick to assume. "The cross. The cross of santo Domingo?" Pope asked her "that's it, and they were talking about angels" once again Pope figuring out it was about his last words.

They looked around the room for something. Kayla spotted the big tree, "JJ" she said, JJ shocked that she said his name. "Come here" she said as JJ came. Kayla didn't realise she was calling him until later it was just her first instinct. He looked at the painting. "This humongous tree is still on goat island, you know what it's called" JJ said looking at Kayla. "Angel oak" She too smiling keeping eye contact with JJ. When Pope came to look at it and they soon turned back towards the painting.

"Look there's the keyhole" JJ pointed out. "That means the cross is buried at the foot of the angel" Pope spoke. "Dumb and dumber is good for something after all" John B said looking at Kayla and JJ. "I think I'm sherlock Holmes alright" JJ said as they all left the island room. "You only got it cause of me, sherlock Holmes" Kayla laughed cockily ruffling his hair.

They, after alot of work, got to where the angel oak was but saw Limbreh already there. "That's rafe" Kiara whispered and JJ looked at Kayla. They dug something up as all the pogues watched from a corner. "It looks like a --" "casket" Rafe cut limbrey off.
"He put it in a casket" limbrey chuckled with hope in her eyes. "Denmark put it in a casket, get it up!" She smiled. Opening it up all Limbreys high hopes broke down.

A body, a corpse lay where she thought she would find something to heal her of her pain. The pogues slightly relieved that they didn't get the cross first. "I'm sorry Carla" renfield said helping her up. "We'll go back to the island room, it's not over!" She yelled and Left the corpse open.

Pope ran with them all following behind, he stood infront of the corpse. "Cecilia Tanny, Denmarks wife" Pope said. Pope hurt and the pogues felt for him because this was his family, wether he knew them or not. So they did what was right slowly putting it back together and placing some flowers on the casket. "I just don't get it. I mean, you guys saw the map.  He hides his gold so no one finds it for 170 years. And then he sends a message to his son. Robert to come here to his mother's grave, but the message never gets to him.  Denmark wanted him to find the cross. I know we're in the right spot." Pope said as we sat there trying to figure it out.

"It feels like--" He began. "We're missing something" JJ finished for him. JJ climbed the twinkie and the rest of them gathered right around him. "That looks like --" "the painting in the island room" kiara finished. "Go for it" JJ stood there infront of a small whole in the tree. "No chance" He said. "You do it" he said to kie. "I'm sorry, I went in the storm drain" Kiara stated, "She did go in the storm drain" Pope agreed.

"He's scared" kiara whispered. "I'm not scared dude" He said putting his hand inside the tree, while we all waited. "There's something in here" He said and out of the blue he yelled with his hand stuck in, with each and everyone of them yelling right back until he started laughing. "You asshole" Pope said taking a deep breath. "Oh dear lord I thought I had a heart attack" kayla said holding her chest. JJ looked at her with a sad smile and spoke again "wait, but seriously there is something" He said taking something out and giving it to Pope.

Kiara pointed our the inscriptions on the corner "do not falter the cross is on the freedoms alter" He read out loud. "The cross is at the church!" Everyone jumped in happiness. JJ hugging Kayla and she did back but both of then didn't let go for a second but when they did it was alot more awkward than they expected.