15. 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"you okay?" Rafe asked as the girl seemed suddenly taken aback but he did not know what it was about. "yeah, fine. Just wanna go back to the hotel" She said and he nodded. Going back Rafe wanted to do something that would get her mind off whatever it was on. "want to go to the beach?" he asked and she took a few minutes to think about it. That would be the place she would think of JJ the most.

"no" she said with a sorry look, "I'm sorry for being a total party pooper but I don't want to do anything right now" She said and he laughed, "yeah i'm kind of used to you pooping all my parties" He said and kayla scrunched her eyebrows at the dumb sentence he just said which did make her smile. Walking into their hotel room kayla jumped onto the bed. Rafe spoke, "the hotel is having a dinner out for all the guests, with some music and you know a whole mood. do you think you're up for that" he asked and she agreed to it. "I would absolutely love to go with you Rafie" He smiled but rolled his eyes at her last word.

"Call me Rafie one more time Kayla i swear- " He said and Kayla sat up, "what are you going to do about it big guy" She said and he opened his mouth to answer her question but soon closed it not knowing what to say. "Put on something cute for me tonight please" He said going towards the cupboard where he had clothes on looking at his options of what he was going to wear for the night. "not that it will stay on you for long" he muttered. "I heard that" kayla said, "you were supposed to" he smiled.

Kayla too thought of what she was going to where and chose to wear a strapless dress she had brought quite recently. It was beige and casual but classy. the cotton material was what she loved the most and that it's back was open a necklace to top it off.

 the cotton material was what she loved the most and that it's back was open a necklace to top it off

Kayla walked out of the bathroom asking Rafe to help her put on her necklace. He slowly moved her hair away and she held it, for some reason this moment reminded him of their last midsummers where he was so dead set on getting the girl back and his father happened to convince her to come with him. "watcha smiling at?" Kayla asked noticing the boys smile. "just how unbelievably lucky you are to date me" he said. "i think it's the other way around buddy" she said turning towards him. "let's go now" She said opening the door and looking at the boy asking him to come, "ladies first" she said patting his back as he went in front of her.

The dinner was outside next to the beach, the place looked beautiful. Lights around and tall palm trees. Rich people chatting around and about. As the live band plays beautiful music and there was a tiny area where there were a few couples were slow dancing. "the place looks amazing" Kayla said and Rafe too noticed. "May I have this dance, Miss. Kayla smith?" He said standing infront of her with his hand out. "of course Mr. Camer- no can't do that, Makes me feel like i was talking to ward for a second there" She said with a disgusted face but took his hand and went over to the front. Rafe called one of the waiter boys and asked them to play a song he suggested and his threatening glare got the boy right on the task.

Rafe took her hand and placed it on his shoulder as the other intertwined with his. His free hand moved to her back and he felt her bare skin from her open back dress which cause Kayla to melt at his touch. Both their eyes steadily on eachother as they heart got lost in the music while they slowly swayed.

They fell in step, letting the rhythm control their movements. All the scenery and people around them dissolved. It was her and him, alone. Their souls as if were connected sparked as they danced together. As her hair fell onto her face her hand disconnected from his to tuck it behind her ear but before she could he did it for her. Now her free hand wrapping around his neck and both his around her waist pulling her body closer to his.

They didn't need to say anything because the feeling of the music and just the two of them alone spoke thousands of words a tongue could never speak. Kayla and JJ too had always danced together whether it was slow dancing or battling the pogues. But the strong eye contact Rafe held with her didn't let her think of anyone else but him.

They felt a few couples around them who were dancing leaving, some new ones coming in but it didn't phase them. They were in their own moment. Kayla's eye contact now lost as she pressed her head against his chest and his chin sat on the top of her head as they continued to move. Rafe felt the sweet smell of her and closed his eyes savoring the moment. Kayla too feeling so calm in his arms. her open shoulders and back were warmed by his touch.

Nothing and no one mattered to them, quite literally. as the song began to come to an end Kayla slowly moved her head which was pressed against his chest to take one look at the boy and leaned down to place a kiss on her forehead. "I see stars when I look into your eyes kay...it's either love or possibly a concussion" Rafe spoke and Kayla laughed and he admired it. "I don't know how you do it but you somehow manage to make me laugh when I'm trying to be all murdery" She said and he had a proud look on his face.

As they slowly moved away from the dance floor he said, "You didn't need to tell me that, I know I'm the best" Kayla mentally facepalmed herself, "cocky much" She said slowly going up to a table with a candle lit in the middle as the two of them embraced their surroundings and its calming aura with wide smiles and delicious food. "you are one pretty boy cameron" She tilted her head admiring the boy infront of her. "Not as pretty as me but it's okay" she added, "You ain't lying" He shook his head.

the night ended with the two of them stealing some alcohol from the bar. Kayla pretend flirting with the bartender while Rafe went from the back grabbing a bottle and running off with her following closely behind. As promised when they entered their room, Kayla didn't have the dress on for long. Rafe drinking tequila form the bottle because they failed to steal shot glasses the lime wedge sat on Kayla's tongue and without a second to waste his mouth and hers began moving in sync while he tasted the lime from her mouth enhancing the flavor of the tequila as they exchanged tastes. As deeper as they got with it, Rafe licked off salt from Kayla's body as she did his after every drink they took lessening the burn they felt on their throats. Both of them drunk and filled with the dirtiest thoughts on how the night was about to go down and so it did.

____________________

yes the song is from that tiktok thingie, this was a cute Rayla chapter hehe.

Yes you were robbed, cry about it.