8. 𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

(This picture of rudy gives me life.)

Third persons POV

"What if I'm not okay?" Rafe asked looking at his father. "You are, you are okay buddy" Ward said looking at Rafe. "No dad, I'm not okay" ward slightly annoyed his son was making a scene.

Rafe stood up

Rafe stood up. "Dad, I thought I was okay, but I'm not" he said running his hands around his hair. "I just keep... keep having these, uhm... thoughts in my head, and I dont...  I don't know if I can control that. And... I'm afraid of what's going to happen" Rafe packed up and ward soon held him.

"We'll talk about it" ward spoke holding his son.  "I'm just afraid" he said looking into his father's eyes. "I need help okay, not her" he said knowing that now that his sister was alive that he would no longer get the attention or love from his family.

"Yeah we can talk about it" ward said "he's all right" he said looking around at the police who were witnessing Rafe's breakdown. "You need to man up, look- look at me" he said lifting his son's face. "Man up" he tapped him on the back leaving to tell the security that he was just in shock.

"Think of something else, maybe that would help you forget the scary  thoughts"

Rafe could hear Kayla telling him. "Kay" he said taking deep breaths calling himself down.

++++

Kayla's POV

Finding the nearest place to fix Heywards truck, pope was talking to the guy inside as both Kie and I sat out on the truck with JJ muttering some nonsense. I saw him noticing Kie's behavior. She was sad and maybe hurt even.

"You alright?" He asked her taking a flask and sipping from it. "My mom is so worried about me being a pogue, that she is willing to send me to boarding school" she said "what?" I asked shocked. Not wanting to lose one of my bestfriends to "boarding school".

"Well, I guess that's what you get for hanging out with the wrong crowd kie" JJ spoke.

" it's too late I already am who I am" she added

" it's too late I already am who I am" she added. "Just look at that guy over there" JJ pointed at Pope as both Kiara and myself looked that way.  " he would do anything for us, that's a pogue if I've ever seen one" JJ said proud to be his friend and sure as hell making me proud too.

He gave up everything to be with us, he lost his scholarship which his parents wanted him to get since the day he touched a book knowing he would be the special one in their family to finally be Rich enough.

After getting the truck fixed, and paying for it with Kie's parents money. The four of us all covered ourselves in the back of the truck. JJ and I cuddled together. Kiara slowly sat back up and looked at Pope. She placed a kiss on his cheek and smiled while lying back down. "Good night" she said innocently.

I smiled to see the two of them looking so cute together but when I looked up I saw JJ looking at Kie, with a look on his face that I hadn't seen it since the last time he saw me with Rafe.

My heart shattered for a second. They say that  that's an emotional saying 'heart shattering' it's not literal. But for some reason it felt a lot worse than it would've felt if it was real. Because atleast then I would pass away free of the pain but this you had to witness and the pain, you would never know when it would go.

He slowly turned back towards me and smiled. I shook the thought of my paranoid brain thinking about that something else was happening there. He loved me so much, he would never. I smiled back at him and soon drifted off to a deep sleep.

++++

"Ms. Limbrey was expecting you yesterday" a middle aged man wearing a leather jacket spoke.  Pope explained how the car broke down on the way up here and the man didn't seem to care at all. "We tried to call but there was no number in the invitation."

"She also expected you to come alone" The man said eyeing the three of us who stood beside Pope. "I mean, these are my friends. They helped find the royal merchant too. I--" pope was cut off by the man. "The instructions were explicit your friends can stay outside." He said in a slightly frightening tone.

"We're kind of a package deal man" JJ said. "JJ it's okay, I got this" Pope walked in. The three of us went back into the truck as we waited there a few minutes, maybe 10 minutes, later Pope walked out with a woman in crutches. With the same man standing behind Pope as he looked at us.

"Does that look voluntary?" Kayla asked. "That would be a negative" JJ added. "Come on" Kie said, ready to go from around behind as we saw them walking into an alley.

From around we drove and heard pope fighting someone. "JJ run" I said "on it princess" he said jumping out of the truck with kie following from the other side. I stayed in to drive the truck away as soon as they get in. A minute passed as my hands were knocking the steering wheel anxiously.

Soon the three of them came running towards me kie and pope from the other door and JJ slowly signed me to move over while he took the driving seat. " I think he's following us" kie said making me look behind aswell.

The four of us squashed together in the vehicle. "This is a one way" kiara said looking infront. "I know" JJ replied as i looked around, both kiara and Pope yelling directions and yelling at JJ at once "It's a one way!"

"Turn" "go left" everyone screaming at once. "Look out!" Pope yelled. "Get out of the way" JJ almost knocking over two kids running on the road, I would've yelled at them but that was kind of our fault. "Those were people, jesus christ"

And all at once the engine hisses, "you said he fixed it!" I yelled. "No no no no no" Pope said getting down. It always happens to us at the worst moments. "We don't have time guys run" and with all of us yelling at once we left Heyward's truck and ran for our lives.

In through the weirdest alleyway we saw some weird bicycle looking shit and stopped only to spot two people we once thought we'd never see again.