24. 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

third person POV

both JJ and kayla went back to where their friends were realizing that they weren't the only ones with problems right now. JJ knew that Kayla was in love with him as he was with her and he was happy that it was all okay. they almost reached their destination.

"promise me no secrets from now on" JJ said lifting his pinky finger. Kayla looked at him and smiled. "pinky promise." she said.

They walked in to a very stressed John B left with the decision of choosing between his best friend and girlfriend. He saw the two come and he was confused at their smiling faces. "you guys look awfully happy" he said. Kayla went up to John B and hugged him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you John B" she said. He hugged her back and whispered to her ear. "I knew about it anyways." JJ was busy talking to pope who just walked in. Kayla pulled away and looked at him, "what? how?"

"I came to check on you once and you weren't there. then your grams was talking to me and she accidentally spilled the beans. but she made me promise that I will look after you and make sure you're happy. like a cool big brother" he laughed explaining.

"oh my god, I love you big bro" she finger gunned him cringily.

John B saw Pope there and soon asked "what'd she say?" "that you're an idiot"

"its a no-brainer you're picking kie" JJ said. Kayla really wanted to help but after what happened last time. she didn't really feel like saying anything.

"look i can't make a decision" John B replied. "So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ asked. "We can't do this without Kie, and you know it"

Kayla's POV

"I can't do it without Sarah" John B said. wow he has really fallen for her.

"you know, this is my fault" john B was going to speak but the other to boys cut him off "but it's our problem"

"Kayla why do they hate each other, you don't seem to have problem with Sarah" John B looked at me in question.

"its not really my story to tell John B. I'm cool with Sarah cuz...we're still good friends" I said almost blurting out more stuff about Rafe which could potentially lead to more fights.

"its because you were with Rafe wasn't it." Pope said as if it was nothing. the awkward tension was almost back. I could see annoyance in JJ's face.

JJ came up to me and wrapped his hands around my waist and I smiled. I realized he was low key jealous of the topic 'rafe'

Jealous or intimidated?

"I have a plan" John B said. "and you three shitheads are gonna help me"

+++++

Rafe's POV

My dad caught me stealing his watches to pay Barry. But honest to god this time I was gonna change I learnt my lesson. I know I've done this ten thousand times before but this time I was gonna pay it off and start new.

"stay in the car" my dad said in a very rough tone. I could say he was disappointed in me but even more he was angry, he hated me. but that's nothing new I was always the disappointment in the family. I need to prove to dad that I'm more than just a disappointment. I'm better than sarah but dad doesn't realize it.

I was more afraid than ever. I walked up to him to only see him kick Barry while he was screaming in pain, I couldn't say he didn't deserve it because he did.

my dad saw me standing there and didn't show any difference in his expressions, " I told you to stay in the goddamn car" he said angrily. "I'll pay you back" I yelled as my father stopped walking and turned back to me.

" no Rafe, you won't" unintentionally water started pooling in my eyes. "you know why, because you're a liar, and you're a thief!" I stayed shut this was true I was all of this.

"and you cannot be trusted"

"I trusted you Rafe, I trusted you with all my heart and this is what you do"

I heard Kayla's broken voice in my head making this even worse, I cannot be trusted. I'm a disappointment. I'm a thief. I'm a a liar. I don't want to be one but I am.

"I can't have you in my house son, don't come home" My father said not even turning his back to face me. so just like that he disowns me. "where'd you want me to go!?" I yelled in confusion. "Dad!"