7. 𝐉𝐉 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐨

Third person POV
"Kayla, listen to me. John B does this kind of stuff all the time." JJ said trying to stop Kayla.
"Yeah, JJ's right. John B is like better at it to" pope said.

"just let me do it please" she said sort of calmly. JJ decided to do something, he knew Kayla would murder him. He really didn't have an option.

JJ carried Kayla and covered her mouth with his hand while the other arm gripped her torso

JJ carried Kayla and covered her mouth with his hand while the other arm gripped her torso. "Okay guys make it quick. Kayla might do something psycho at any moment" JJ said trying not to get hit by Kayla. While she was swinging her legs and trying to get out of JJ's grip."Okay let me do some quick calculations" Pope said explaining to John B what he should do.Kie wasn't really happy with John B having to do it either but she knew he wouldn't get killed.Out of nowhere she threw her t-shirt and dived down, everyone looking confused. "What was that all about?" Pope asked.

JJ wanting to make Kayla jealous said "I don't know, but I liked it alot" Kayla was still in JJ's arms, she was tired of kicking and yelling some words nobody understood.She licked JJ's hand "Eww! Kayla!!" he screamed letting go of his hand which was covering her mouth.

"Let.me.go." she grunted trying to push his hands of her waist.Kayla was pretty small so it was easy for JJ to hold her. "no can do princess" kie came back up and explained that she tied her t shirt down the rope there so John B knows his safety spot. they were telling him what he had to do while JJ and a annoyed kayla were doing their own thing.

"jesus, JJ fine put me down I swear I won't do anything stupid." Kayla said getting kind of tired. "fine" he said putting her down. "breathe as little as possible." Pope said to John B who was wearing the oxygen tanks and was ready to go. "zen. think zen" JJ said. "be safe." kayla added. Kie went upto him and kissing him on the corner of his lips and the crowd goes what!

 Kie went upto him and kissing him on the corner of his lips and the crowd goes what!

"diver down?" John B asked maintaining a strong eye contact with kiara. "diver down" she replied.

kayla's POV

"shit. JJ the cops are coming this way"

"just act fricking normal." Kiara said trying to act as if we weren't doing anything wrong. All our minds instantly went to think about what john B was doing under there, we had no option but to wait till the police left.

The siren was blaring and they brought their boat close to ours. I wasn't really good with stress. I went up to JJ and held we intertwined our fingers. "evening, officers" JJ said smiling.

"How you kids doing? you know the marsh is closed?" yes we did, but we weren't gonna tell him that. Obviously.

"no no, wow"

"why is it closed?" we were acting so clueless, atleast now I know if everything goes wrong we can all become actors for a living. "Well, we're conducting a search here, a boat went down"  It seemed like it was going totally fine until the deputy asked us where John B was, I held JJ's hand tighter, "he's working" pope replied.

They bought it, I think. But the deputy got onto our boat to check it and then went up to the corner waiting there for awhile. John B's two minutes were up and all of us were so scared as to what was going to happen.
was very stressed out even though It didn't seem like it. JJ realized and flashed a soft smile towards me. It's going to sound really corny but I felt better knowing he was there.

The police left and all of us ran to the edge of the boat trying to find John B he was definitely out of air. When we all started panicking he finally came out, everyone was so relieved to know he was fine. "found anything?" JJ asked him when he was climbing back onto the boat. We saw him holding a black bag. "That's my boy" JJ fist bumped him while he held a wide smile.

We were all celebrating, when we see this new boat on the marsh coming closer to us. There were two really shady guys, who literally looked like they were from a movie as like bad guys, "what are they doing here? the marsh is closed" Kie said looking at this mystery boat. "Let's not stick to find out." JJ started to drive away.

"Guys they're following us" I said. " Shit. drive, go faster" The creepy guys took a gun out and shot at us."Holy shi-" kayla said going down "what the heck" to be honest at that moment we thought we were gonna die. John B was riding the boat and could obviously die if they shot him, "John B get down." kiara screamed.

JJ moved closer to me and hugged me covering me from anything that could happen. "JJ" I said but my voice trembling to the point that it came out as a whisper. "Shh its okay" he said.

Kie thought fast and took a fishing net and threw it over making the 'bad guys' boat get tangled to it. So they couldn't chase us. They kept firing but none of them hurt any of us. Yes, we were terrified but after it was done it was just considered another adventure. We were all guessing what could be inside the bag with the adrenaline from cheating death. "Can we please just open the bag?" Pope screamed out of nowhere.

"Wow, Pope.That's a rare outburst of emotion." JJ said. "Okay. You guys are literally killing me with anticipation." We were all dying not know what was inside.

"Open the bag. Jeez. We almost died over this." Inside the bag was a canister , John B opened it to reveal a old compass. pope was really pissed cause it was just a compass. But John B was looking at it intensely, when I realized what it was. I had seen it a while back."what dude it's not worth anything." I looked up at JJ and then waited for John B's reply.

"It was my fathers."

authors note:

Rafe will be there in the future chapters.
( I'm sorry if you had to read this but my writing style does get better)