Prologue

You know when you really love someone? You'd do anything for them , you'd illuminate anything that's  standing in the way . That's where I went wrong .  I'm Cassandra Miller .

Back in high school , I was a good girl . Everything I did was beyond excellent academically.  But the only problem was that I was bullied . The barbie squad in my school used to pick on me , just because I  was smart .

I always kept to myself , spent lunch periods in the library and avoided being the centre of attention. Until one day when  I was in the library . A boy named Jason Smith asked me to be his tutor . He had said that in return he'd protect me from being bullied .

We spent days , weeks , months and years together . We fell inlove during sophomore year and dated till college. After college , I invested the money I had gotten from my father's insurance fund in a business idea that soon turned out to be one of the best businesses in the world.

I loved him and I knew he loved me . He had planned to build a future with me . And since we had become stable enough - him owning a successful company and me being a chartered accountant and entrepreneur- we decided to try for a family.

He asked me to marry him. I said yes . I was so excited to build a new life with him . But little did I know what I was getting myself into .