Chapter 67

I'm pregnant again , cant say that I'm feeling fearful but I am feeling a bit afraid . My number one worry is whether I can do it or not .

It scares me , that I might not be as engaged to my child as I want to be.

Going back to work has been the most amazing thing ever , I got a few stares - obviously because of my new to the country Louis Vuitton dress - but also because of the glow that Jozea spoke about .

Ace drops his hand on my thigh as he drives . He drops constant stares to my direction with a small smile .

"I'm living my biggest and wildest dream." He finally speaks .

"I always told my mother that I'd find someone I loved . I told her that we'd have children and jobs that allow us to live a comfortable life but I always told her about the love that'll fill my home ." He says . Taking me off guard .

"I wish I could've met your mom." I say .

"She would've loved you. You know , she was just like you. She was confident , intelligent,  headstrong and the most beautiful woman I'd ever laid my eyes on. Only difference is that your ass is stubborn." He says with a smile that reaches his eyes .

"I grew up in a community where marriages were arranged , based on material or physical things and not love . Our neighbors used to laugh at mum whenever she spoke about me wanting real love .

I remember that Ms Ruby wanted me to marry her daughter Anastasia.  My mum rejected the proposal.

I'll never forget that day , dad was angry . Telling mum that she didnt want a good future for me . My dad was more of the traditional type too .

Raised me to be a provider , to take care of my family . Mum wanted me to be happy . Oh , I miss them so much ." He says, looking straight onto the road .

We are about five minutes away from the company .

"I remember how Mum never wanted to argue with dad infront of me . She'd give him 'the stare' and dad would immediately stay quiet . I always wanted a relationship like that." He says.

"We can work on that." I say to him .

"We are already there baby , we barely even argue . Mostly because you always wanna be right." He mumbles the last part .

"I heard that ." I says .

He chuckles and parks the car on his reserved spot .

"Lunch?" He asks .

"Thai?" I ask him after nodding .

"On you?" He asks , and after giving him one look .

"On me." He says . I smile to myself .

"Yep , see you then." I say to him , he smiles and stares at me.

"Yep , mum would have loved you . That stare was just like hers ." He says smiling .

We get into the company and work flies by . Lunch comes flying in and as we're sitting and eating , a knock sounds on the door .

"In." I simply say . Then wipe the sides of my face .

Someone I haven't seen in ages enters .

"If it isn't Bella the bitch ." I say smiling at her . The corner of her lips turn up .

"Mrs Bernett." She says nodding her head slightly , her left hand drops an envelope on the table and I notice a ring on her finger . Someone could actually stand her enough to marry her . I guess love really does exist .