Chapter 2

When I get home , I don't  see his car in the driveway , no surprise there .

I fish for my keys , then I open the door . The house looks normal but the lights are off . I walk in further to the room and turn on the light.

I dont have the strength to wait up on Jason ,so I just head upstairs to look over the schedule Mariah my assistant sent me . It's not very complicated really , but it takes a lot of time because I hear a car parking outside .

I glance at the clock . 23 : 59 pm .

I dont know if I should be happy that he returned home before twelve or cringe in anger .

The door is cracked open and the office is adjacent to the bedroom down the hallway. I see his figure go into the bedroom .

How surprising.  I say to myself . Mr I-Want-To-Save-Time didn't change in the laundry today . How so?

A few minutes after , he shuffles out of the room , wearing boxers only . He heads downstairs , I want to see what he's hiding.

Considering how big this house is , I know he'd take a lengthy amount of time before he comes back . Plus he's really lazy .

I push my shoes off and tip toe down the hallway . When I get to the room , his clothes are scattered around the floor . But that's not what bothers me , his white dress shirt has lipstick stains on the collar .

I scoff and then tip to back to the office . And as expected Jason comes up the stairs holding a bottle of bleach . That lying b-word , he can't even come into the study to just say 'hi honey , I'm home '.

A few minutes later , he shuffles through the door while holding his pile of clothes in one hand and in the other a bottle of bleach .

I close my eyes in attempt to blink back the tears that are threatening to escape my eyes . One lone tear falls to my cheek and I immediately remove it .

I'm just going to take a nap .

Holy cow , I'm falling off the bed! I bolt up .

Oh it was just my imagination . I look around and notice that I've fallen asleep in the office . Aww  shoot , my neck hurts .

I strut my tired legs to the laundry , which reeks badly of bleach .  I change into my nightwear and then head to sleep , it's going to be a long night .

After I've settled in the bed , I feel a kiss on my forehead .

Dont you kiss me after you went out cheating on me!

I want to say that so bad , but my mouth refuses to open . And that five month mumbo jumbo I planned out  .

I'm going to use reverse psychology on him , make him think I know so that he ends up telling me . I yawn .

But now .... Sleep .

BEEP ... BEEP  ... BEEP!!!

There goes that annoying sound again.  I bolt out of bed and then do my morning routine .

After showering,  I head to the kitchen to make some breakfast.  When I'm removing the last waffle from the pan , I  hear a husky "good morning Cassiey"

"Morning Jay." I say , and from the corner of my eye , I see him reaching in to kiss my on my cheek .

He's mouth is two inches away from my chuck.  I duck down to get plates from the cabinet , and he kisses  the thin air .

I place the plates on the island table and then pour the coffee into our cups . He just stands there dumbfounded.

After dishing up breakfast , I notice that he's still standing there . I usher his to come and eat with me .

"Come on Jay , you're  not just gonna stand there are you?" I say . And then shove a piece of my waffle  in my mouth to suppress the laughter brewing inside me .

After eating , I wash both our plates and cups , and then I run up the stairs . I get into the bedroom and then change into a bright red dress that reaches mid-thighs .

It reavels a little bit of my back , and is dangerously low on my chest . But I know it looks great on me . After applying make up and curling my hair , I walk down stairs.

I grab my purse from the couch. 

"What are you wearing. " he asks , being dangerously close to my behind.

"A dress." I answer , ignorantly.

"And where are you going dressed like that?"  He spits the last word out , like I look disgusting.

"Are you cheating on me?" He asks me . I internally scoff , no mister it's the other way around .

" I'm going to a meeting with Anna Christopher ." I simply say .

Without waiting for a reply , I step out of the house and drive to the nearby restaurant she asked us to meet at .

I sit down near the window , and a few minutes later she walks in .

I stand up and take in her appearance . She's wearing a white pantsuit with a red blouse . She looks amazing .

" wow , tell me again why you need me to be the face of your business,  I mean you could have done that job better than me . Honey you're stunning ." She says .

I chuckle and shake her hand , all the while introducing myself and she returns the favor .

By the time the meeting is over , I've won her over as the face of Smith Industries. 

The drive home is very happy , sucks to know that I'm going to such a foul home.

You know what,  I deserve a little fun too. When I park my car in the driveway I mentally plan out my day .

I rush to the kitchen and then take out a bottle of wine . And a glass .

Today is all about me .

I turn the TV on and I begin binge watching my recording of the Kardashians with a glass of wine .

I dont know when I fell asleep , but now the house is dark and only the noises and lights coming from the TV are the signs of life down here.

I turn off the television and then head to the bedroom , now before checking the time .

1 : 45 am

I dont even need to change right now , I figure it out in the morning . For now I need to sleep .

I notice a lump in the bed . I walk closer to examine the frame , oh , it's my  "husband".

The guy literally saw me cooped up on the couch sleeping uncomfortably.  And all he could think about what coming up here to lay his pretty head to sleep?

Is this how he really wants to play? Then let the games begin . A loud yawn escapes my lips , and he stirs .

"Quiet Cassiey." He says .

I scoff , I'm going to get back at you so bad.

Author's  note

Thank you to everyone who read the book  and to those who haven't please  do .

Yet another chapter down . Comment what you think will happen next .

Vote , comment and recommend  😽❤

Nic275