Chapter 20

A red haired woman stalks towards me , she's holding a tray of food .

Her skin is a light brown , her eyes are brown , her lips are a bright pink . The way she is walking,  it's so confident. 

"Hey there , couldn't help but notice you . What are you doing here all alone ." She asks . She has a latino accent .

"I like being alone ." I reply , it's not exactly a lie .

"No , no , no . You're not supposed to be alone , come let me sit with you . " she says , the way she said it , has this motherly tone to it .

"That's kind of you , but ... " I try , but she cuts me .

"No buts hun , I'm already here ."  She injects .

"What are you in for? You're new right or have you been moved?" She asks. 

"Attempted murder.  Yea , I'm new ." I say , in a tone that is supposed to chase her away .

"Who did you attempt to murder?"she asks , wow she is persistent.

"My husband and his mistress ." I say , she gasps . And then she smiles devilishly at me .

"Why didnt you finish the job?" She asks . Has this bitch lost her mind .

But she's right , if I was gonna do the job , I should've done it right . Now they're going to laugh at me and view me as the idiot .

"You still love him dont you . Every woman's weakness ." She says , her latino accent oozing down her tongue.

"Uh– what are you in for ?" I say changing the topic .

She smile sinisterly , as if she knows what my answer was . She straightens her back .

"Murder ." She says . She says it as if she's just told me that in her water she wants ice .

"Who?" I ask her .

"My husband. " she says . I dont even know her name .

"What's your name?" I ask her .

"Isabella Milan Gonźales , you?" She asks , I was right she is from somewhere in Europe.

"Cassandra Sm- I mean Miller ." I say . I almost said his last name .

She gives me another sly smile and then she commences with eating her food .

"Well , you have been a joy Cassandra. But I have to be leaving ." She says , my name sounds so exotic grinding against her accent .

"Nice to meet you Isabella ." I say .

She nods then stands , she leaves . I continue eating .

After eating I head back to my cell . The same guard opens the cell for me .

I lie down onto the bed , and immediately , sleep overtakes me .

As I drift and skip my way into dreamland , I feel something.  Something tickling my neck , sort of a breathe.

Am I finally dreaming? After 26 years , I choose to be normal now? Oh wow .

Then I feel it again , but this time near my ear . On my hair? I'm definitely not dreaming .

I swiftly open my eyes , only to see a shadow towering over me . My eyes are not fully awakened but I make out the structure to be female.

She doesn't notice that I'm awake , she goes for another sniff . I spring up,  in the process knocking my forehead onto her nose.