Chapter 11

What did this idiot just say?

She practically called me an unstable,  gold digging whore.  How dare she , it takes all the energy I have not to pounce on her .

I turn to face Kayla , her head is held high and chest pumped out . A smirk painted on her face , she made that Bella bitch say that .

I huff in annoyance  , the lawyer sits down with her body beaming with pride . Kerrie nods at me and then stands .

"Greetings your honour , now I might not know the romantic love story between my client and the alleged victim.

But one thing I know is that the story council has told has been fabricated.  Mr and Mrs Smith have been together for 10 years and married for 3 .

The investment capital of Mr Smith's company came from his wife's insurance funds . Fortunately for you Mr Smith , my client is not bothered by you not giving her credit .

The marriage between the two was okay . It only began to crumble down due to Mr Smith's imfedility . Unlike the fantasy story from Council Reese . We were informed that Mr Smith was - how did you put it council? - searching for a second wife for 14 months .

He's only been with Ms Dixon for eight of those.  Now one can say this was not Mr Smith looking for a second wife . He was cheating.

Yes , yes what Mrs Smith has done is wrong  , even she agrees . She is willing to take any punishment your honour . But your honour if council is going to insult my client , she should at least use facts ." She completes then sits dow  .

She pats  my thigh , my head shoots up in surprise . Her face scrunches in confusion but she stays quiet .

"What does the defendant plead?" the judge looks at Kerrie and I through her glasses . Kerrie nudges me .

"Guilty. " I say with a nonchalant tone.  Gasps echo through out the entire room . Through my perpetual view I see Kayla gasping to . Jason's head is somewhere else .

"Hmm , the court may proceed . Council,  do you have any witnesses you'd like to call ? " she asks while nodding at them .

"  Yes your honour , I'd like to call Ms Dixon to the stand . Ms Dixon? " Bella looks at Kayla expectantly . She nods then Jason stands up and helps her to the stand , then he limps away .

An officer approaches Kayla with a bible in hand .

"Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?" He asks .

" I do ." She says , her happy voice sends angry shivers and shakes through my body .

" Now Ms Dixon. " Bella begins .

"Tell us the nature of your relationship with Mrs Smith ." She continues . Kayla fake gags .

"She's my co-boss  ." She says , trying to sound nonchalant.

" How did you meet Mrs Smith? "

"Over at a coffee shop , she offered me a job ." She says , remind me why she doesn't feel guilty . I know I would've.

"Yes and how did she come off to you . In behavioral circumstances. " she urges .

" Well... she seemed very sweet . But like I said seemed . The day of the brutal attack her eyes were hostile , void of any emotion. " she says clutching her heart – or more like where her heart is supposed to be .

" I understand, please tell the court the nature of your relation with Mr Smith . " the lawyer asks .

"He's my baby . " she says while blushing . You stupid motherfucker .

" I understand how fond you are of him but the court wouldn't understand your diction Ms Dixon. " she says with a slight chuckle.

The only words that run through my mind are 'not funny!' Because it truly isn't.

"Sorry , he's my boyfriend. " she giggles . I groan . I feel eyes on me and when I turn , everyone is looking at me .

" How long have the two of you been together ." She asks .

" A wonderful eight months ." She says smiling brightly .

" Take us through the day of the crime. " Bella asks .

" It pains me , but I will take you through it . Jason called me on that Friday,  he said he wanted to talk to me about something important . So I dressed up well and I went to the house . Everything was going well until little miss wretched walked in  on us .

She asks us to look decent then that she wanted to talk to us . When we got downstairs,  New York's  best hooker begins  to hit us . One thing leads to the next I find myself thrown out of the window , with hundred of blue and red lights . "  she says , this bitch is stupid. 

"I'm going to tell you this once Ms Dixon,  I want you to speak in a decent language in my court . You may proceed council ." the judge speaks for the very first time .

" Did Mrs Smith  ever apologize for what had happened ?" Bella asks .

" No , all she has communicated to me were her stone cold eyes . That was all ." Kayla says .

" In your view , did Mr Smith do the right thing by hiding you from his wife ? " she asks

" Well , as much as I had hated being his dirty little secret.  Yes I think he did the right thing . Mrs Smith is a psychotic maniac. " she spits . Bitch , I am well in my head .

I beg to differ .

This stupid brain just cant shut up can it .

" That would be all Ms Dixon  , thank you for your co-operation. " Bella says .

" No further questions your honour. " Bella says now facing the judge .

The judge looks to our direction . To be more exact at Kerrie .

" I have a few questions , your honour ." Kerrie says .

" Ms Dixon , I'm not going to beat around the bush with you . From what you had said , you said that Mrs Smith had called the both of you downstairs and just attacked you . Am I right or wrong ? " Kerrie asks .

" You're right ." Kayla replies .

" So if that's the case then why was Mrs Smith's right side of the face red ? " Kerrie asks .

" I-I  dont know ." Kayla says looking down . Now here come the juices .

" Just answer the question. " Kerrie urges .

Kayla opens her mouth then closes it . Is this what happiness feels like , cause I am definitely feeling it .

Author's  note

Sorry for not updating all this time,  my school has reopened so I have a little trouble with the workload .

Thank you for staying with the book . I've noticed that you are not voting , please do . 🧘‍♂️

What did you think of this chapter ? What do you think is going to happen next ? 😽

Vote , comment and recommend 🥰🤲

Nic275