Chapter 68

"I'm not sure if I can tell you." She says , suddenly feeling the need to cuddle up in her own arms .

"Mrs Smith , Jason sent us here for a reason. It is his last wish . Please. " Ace begs .

"What was on the will ?" She asks .

"Everything that he owns went to Cassandra because he didnt change anything about his marital status. " Ace says to her .

"And , there was an addition that we should pay you a visit to find out something . Nobody knows what it is , and we assume only you know ." Ace says .

I can tell that she is hesitant but she opens her mouth , and then shuts it . As if she had a new idea.

"I need to make a call ." She says . We both nod along . Wondering what the fuck is going on.

She whispers some stuff into the phone . The only thing that is audible enough is 'now!'

Soon she comes back and sits infront of Ace and I .

"Would you two like something to eat?" She asks . I think Ace feels the annoyance that boils within me because before I disrespect this old woman , he interrupts .

"What the-" I begin .

"What do you have to offer?" He asks instead.

"I'll get you guys some cookies and teas." She says .

And suddenly , I feel excited for those .

We continue making small talk as she comes in and out from the kitchen . Soon she brings cookies. 

From just the smell , I can tell that Jason wasnt lying when he said his mother made the best cookies .

I always thought he was exaggerating,  because every boy lives his mother's cooking .

Then all of a sudden there is a knock on the door .

Diana stands and goes to the door, she spends a few minutes speaking to whoever it is on the door and soon enters the room again .

Followed by a young blonde woman . She is slim , with long model legs . She reminds me of someone .

Jason's ex girlfriend.  What the fuck is this?

"Cassandra." She says . Outreaching her arm to greet me .

I shake her hand and she smiles .

"I'm sorry , who are you?" I ask, with a polite smile .

"Crystal , dont you remember me?" She asks . I shake my hand .

"I kind of ... bullied you. When you dated Jason." She says .

"Oh , yes . I remember you . This is my husband Ace Bernett." I say to her . She shakes Ace's hand .

"How have you been ?" She asks . A smile on her face .

"I've been great , how have you been ." I reply . She looks around and then smiles .

"I've been alright . What of work and family?" She asks . She wants to ... catch up?

"I own companies . I owned them with Jason but now I own them with Ace, my husband . And as for family well same old . As you know my mother adopted Beth , I'm married to Ace for four years and we have a three year old son. " I say to her . She smiles and nods.

"Well , I actually own the school that we used to attend. If you want to , you can take him there and give him a tour . I tried to keep things the way they were during our time. And as for family , I'm a single mother of two . " she simply says , a huge smile painting her face .

But you can tell that it is forced because of how the sides twitch . Diana places her hand on her thigh .

This is really surprising because back in high school , I remember how she had said straight to my face that : "Crystal was definitely a better choice as to this . How could you let a girl rip you from your family!?"

I stare at the both of them , until a teenage girl walks in and I swear to God my jaw fell to my vagina .

I stare at the girl , her eyes are exactly like Jason's but her hair is like Crystal's.  This can not be what I think it is .

Ace rubs my arms up and down . She us also a bit nervous , I can tell because of how uneven his breathing is behind my ear.

"You asked me to come?" The girl says to Lisa .

"Emily manners . Greet your elders ." She says , I never thought I'd ever see the motherly side of Crystal .

Well I also never thought I'd see the motherly side of me!

"Good day mom , good day grandma . Oh my gosh , are you Cassandra Miller?" She asks staring wildly at me .

"Yes,  what's your name ?" I ask through my confused state .

"Emily Shyn . I'm a big fan of you." She says .

"This is my eldest daughter,  Em . She is fourteen and she is ... Jason's daughter. " she says .

I am completely stunned .

"Emily , go make yourself some food." Diana says pointing to the kitchen .

"Yes grandma." She says moving to the back of the house , which is the kitchen.

I stare at the both of them as if I'm on drugs and they're all moving like holograms .

"I'm sorry Cassiey. " Crystal says .

"Was he involved in her life?" I hear my voice say , but I dont remember opening my lips .

"Yes ." Diana says .

"I fell pregnant during our senior year . I wanted to abort it . Trust me Cassiey but I couldn't. 

I kept her , and I gave birth to Emily nine months after . Jason knew about her on her third birthday .

He began financially supporting us , I went back to school and I did my tertiary year.  He has always supported us,  but he was never involved with me .

He begged me not to tell anyone about it . I'm really sorry Cassiey . I should've told you . " she says .

I feel tears prickling at my eyes . All this time I was just an idiot who was with a man who was for charity .

"We need to go . Hero is almost out ." I say to Ace but loud enough for them to hear .

"No , I understand exactly what Jason wanted us to do . We need to give an inheritance to his daughter.  He just didnt know how to put it . Calm down baby." He whispers  , squeezing my thigh . His eyes study mine before I nod .

I get what Ace is trying to do . He is putting out a fire before it starts , I look at both of them and nod .

"We would have told you , but we heard you went to jail . And after that we heard that you got divorced and remarried. " Diana says .

"Yes its true. " It's Ace who speaks now .

"Can we meet her?" I ask .

Crystal nods and goes back to the kitchen . She says a few stuff which are inaudible.  Diana gives me a small smile which I cant return .

Dont think too much about this! Dont stress too much about this! You will have a miscarriage if you do!

The entire time I chant those words in my mind .

She tells me about her high school experience,  her dreams , reading Jozea's book about me . She had mr laughing and smiling .

She has the natural charm that Jason had . And her smile is beautiful,  her pearly whites are literally pearly white . And she blushes quite a number of times .

She is a wonderful fourteen year old.

Author's note .

Hello , how was this chapter? Hopd you enjoyed it tooLove y'all guy's comments they are amazing 💖

Vote , comment and recommend ❤🤲

Nic275 ❤🧚‍♀️💍