Chapter 10

I stare long and hard at my reflection on the mirror . Wearing a white blouse and a black pencil skirt,  my face well made up and my curly brown locks pulled up to a bun .

I look like I'm going back to work . But I'm not,  the case is today . I have never anticipated anything like I'm anticipating the end of this case .

Apparently Jason and Kayla are all healed up . If not for them both limping and Kayla walking in crutches. I'm kind of proud of the work I've done , I mean two grown ass people in the hospital by being beat up by a petite lady like me . That's got to be an achievement .

After being in the holding cell for three weeks , getting food and water when I pleased . My head is all cleared up .

I'm not going to lie and say I'm completely prepared to see Kayla , because I'm not . I might even jump on her bitch ass .

I'm being escorted in handcuffs to the van . We're heading to court .

The entire way the , I'm looking outside . The trees passing by , dancing with the wind . The raw green-ness of everything . I just love it , nature has crept it's way into my heart since a minor age .

Once in a while , I look at the guard who is staring at me with hard eyes and a line on his lips .

He looks to be in his late thirties.  Blond dusty hair , pale skin and pink lips and dont forget the bow that wraps his look together , his ocean eyes .

He doesn't say anything . He only said 'hi' when I said it to him . But from what I see , he's a good man .

The van comes to a halt . I look out the window,  a large building is looking down at me . Big windows with arches are covering the building .

It looks a bit medieval,  but it's really pretty . The building is brick walled with a bit of chipped cream paint . To me it looks timeless .

The guard opens the door of the van and the holds out his hand at me . I take it in my handcuffed hands .

We walk in to the courthouse  , everything looks and sounds quiet and lifeless . People are sitting there on the benches , hands in their hands or them pacing around.

Everyone is nervous , you can easily tell . Should I also be nervous ? Because I'm not , I feel relaxed  . Almost high , ever since I got to prison I've been feeling like a crack addict .

When we take a left I find a pacing Kerrie , she looks a bit nervous.  I dont really know why she should be I mean we're really prepared .

Her head shoots up when she hears the clicking of my heels . Her face lights up and she masters up a smile .

" Wow , you look so gorgeous when you're not wearing orange ." She says . With a bit of humor in it .

I chuckle and nod my head . She picks up a folder and begins walking , meaning I should follow her . I like Kerrie , she's always 100 % in charge .

We walk into the courtroom , and I'm surprised to see that its flooded with people, some holding notepads which indicates clearly to me that they're journalist.  While others are just sitting and looking pretty .

We take our seats in the front of the entire room where the lawyers sit . Kerrie looks at me and nods .

"We can do this ." She says , looking chirpy and excited .

I nod at her . Mouthing 'I dont give a fuck'

As if not enough already . More people fill the stands or chairs , ugh whatever the fuck they're called.

And then later on , someone says - more like yells- that the judge is coming in therefore we should stand up . We do .

And then the judge asks is to sit . She's about to say something , when the door burst open. 

Revealing the two people I hate more than anything , Kayla and Jason walk in . Hand in hand .

Kayla is in a dark green cocktail dress  and Jason is in his usual Armani suit . Jason is helping balance Kayla since she's on crutches,  and he's limping.

I take the opportunity to look at what I'd done to them . Kayla's face is covered with  purple sports . There's no bandage on her head , meaning she healed . The rest of her body looks like it's about to collapse .

Jason's face looks exhausted - ha! Victory!- he looks like he's about to give up on life , I dont really know how to feel about that . He tries to hide his limp but that looks hard since he's balancing someone else .

Kayla's resting bitch face stuns me , my face is relaxed which is what should fuel her anger .

They both stare at me . And I do too . Then they take their seat next to the desk we're sitting on .

I've never seen myself here . Ever , my life is kind of going well .

The judge asks both our lawyers to stand.

"The court would like both the councils to give their opening statements." The ought says .

"Um , your honour . I'll begin. " Jason's lawyer says . Her name was something close to Bella Reese or something like that .

"My client , Jason Smith has been married to the defendant Cassandra Smith for three years . Dated for nine . Mr Smith started his business from scratch and then partnered with his wife Mrs Smith .

Who later started a business of her own . It is believed that she was indeed with Mr Smith for money . Their personal lives began to lack ... um what should I call it . Passion .

Mr Smith began looking for a second wife . Of course he wouldn't have told Mrs Smith since she'd behave the way she had . He of course came across Ms Dixon . I'm guessing he wanted to wait for at least a year till he could marry her .

Of course , Mrs Smith couldn't hold her horses , so she decided to try and kill the both of them ."  The bitch has some nerve

Author's note

Long time no see . Sorry for the late update . Been going through some stuff , but I'm back .

Cassandra is going to kill this Bella Reese girl . I can already imagine her hard glare .😹

Enjoy . And please tell me more of your thoughts .

Vote , comment and recommend.

Nic275