Rules Pt1

Description: There are certain rules in this friend group, especially about dating, but these two girls have no regards for rules. 

Warnings: Fluff

Words: 1171

-------------------

Third Person P.O.V

Sometimes, things aren't meant to be. Even when people do everything in their power to achieve their goal, it's never enough. Like in that scene in Titanic, where Jack is doing everything in his power to get on the door and after everything he goes through with Rose to be with her, he just dies. Well, maybe that was a bit dramatic. Chances are you won't die in real life, you'll just be really angry and frustrated because all of your efforts have been thrown away in the trash. 

Somehow, Wanda's brother had befriended the one person who was both the worst and best thing to happen in her life. As far as Wanda could remember, Natasha Romanoff has been in their lives. 

Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, Pietro Maximoff and Natasha Romanoff had been friends for years, since their childhood days. They spent every second together, never turning on each other's backs, and Wanda was included too. With all the times they would come over, Wanda ended up being a part of the group. 

But there were rules of course. Their friendship group might be known for chaos but they were very organised and they respected rules. Their friendship was established on rules, but the last one had just been added due to Wanda's presence. 

None of the boys could date either of the girls. None of them. 

They were supposed to be like family, giving the reason behind the rule. Wanda could understand why, their friendships were too important to risk things like that. It made sense. Besides, she couldn't look at any of the boys and think of them as anything other than older brothers. 

But they never said anything about one of the girls dating another one of the girls. 

Wanda had always had a huge crush on Natasha, since they were kids. She would even say Natasha was her first love. She didn't try to hide it either, she would subtly flirt with Natasha every chance she got, loving to see the older girl blush at her comments. 

All of her friends knew Wanda was bisexual and they didn't make it a big deal either, so they never really thought of imposing the rule that she couldn't date Natasha. Especially since they all thought Natasha looked at her as a younger sister, when in fact that was further from the truth. 

Natasha's relationship with Wanda had always been a complex one. No matter how much she tried convincing herself, she could never see Wanda as her younger sister. She just couldn't erase what attraction she felt towards one of her best friends. 

But lately it was impossible for Natasha to look at Wanda's general direction without cringing. Although they were all best friends, it wasn't her place to intervene in the recent situations. She had started noticing the subtle changes in her appearance. 

Recently Wanda had decided to start having some fun. She believed Natasha saw her as nothing other than a younger sister so Wanda was starting to interact more with other people. Not to make friends though, but because she was aware she was an attractive person and she could hook up with random people, no strings attached. 

Wanda, Wanda, Wanda... what was she thinking when she got dressed earlier in the morning? Definitely not school, because those form fitting jeans and crop top weren't going to help her pass in any subjects. Did she think about Maria? Who she was currently laughing with at the other end of the hallway. Or maybe it was Daniel, who whistled at her when she walked past his friend group at lunch. Wanda shot him a smirk and walked away, not realising that Natasha's eyes had been on her all those times. 

"What is wrong with you?" Sam nudged Natasha when he realised she wasn't paying attention. 

"Nothing." She answered, rolling her eyes annoyed. 

***

"Having fun?" Natasha asked. 

Natasha had been sitting outside alone for a while, simply observing Wanda flirting with a couple of people. As much as she hated watching, she enjoyed pretending she was the one being flirted with. 

When Wanda felt a pair of eyes on her, a smile grew on her face when she realised who it was. She left the girl she was flirting with and walked up to Natasha, sitting in front of her. 

"I see business has been doing well." Natasha commented. 

"Is that supposed to be insulting?" Wanda asked confused. "Why are you asking anyway? You wanna be one?" Wanda teased. 

It worked perfectly. Natasha was throughly confused and surprised hearing her words. 

"You know me so well." Natasha teased back, a smirk on her face. 

"They're all terrible flirts anyway. If I hear one more sexist or homophobic joke that I have to laugh at, I'll kill someone." Wanda said.

"Nobody is forcing you to laugh at what they say. It'd be much more entertaining to watch you kick their asses." Natasha clarified, a smirk growing on Wanda's face. 

"Been watching me huh? Besides, it doesn't matter, it's not like I'm doing this out of pleasure." Wanda said, Natasha looking at her confused. 

"Okay, so why are you doing it?" Natasha asked, getting curious. 

"I'm trying to get a reaction from someone." Wanda simply stated. Natasha didn't care that it looked like Wanda didn't want to talk about it anymore, she needed to know. 

"Oh really? Whose?" 

Wanda was silent for a few minutes, before standing up from her seat. Natasha just stared up at her, already knowing she wasn't going to get an answer. 

A thousand of thoughts went through both of their minds, Wanda not knowing what to answer and Natasha looking for something to say. She couldn't decide on what to say, she never hesitated. Wanda was always someone that knew what to say, but now she was at a loss for words. It took a few minutes for Wanda to decide what to say, but it only took a split second for her decision to be made. Wanda looked down at Natasha and before walking away, she said the words that were going to wreck Natasha's life and turn it upside down. 

"Yours."

-------------------

Hi! It's me, M! I thought it would be nice to post something today due to the fact that WandaVision came out today! I'm going to watch it as soon as this chapter goes up so I'm really excited! I have missed Wanda so much and I have missed receiving Marvel content!

On another note, I'm in quarantine because I might have Covid. Personally, I'm okay, I haven't had any symptoms but my classmate has it so my classmates and I were sent home for two weeks. I'll keep you guys updated on my health, but so far I'm okay! 

I just wanted to say I love you all and I hope you enjoy this!