Talk To Her

Description: The team can't believe just how oblivious Wanda and Natasha can be. 

Warnings: Slight Angst, Fluff

Words: 2162

-------------------

Third Person P.O.V

"Nat." Maria sighs, closing her eyes. "Wanda has, what? Called you her soon to be wife, her wife, her soulmate, and so many other things I can't remember right now, repeatedly. The occasion doesn't even matter, she did it on a live, she did it at a press conference and at a fan event, when when you weren't paying attention. She basically only calls you her baby or her darling. She has publicly called your last vacation together, a date. What more do you fucking want?" Maria argues, very annoyed. 

"But Sam said." Natasha starts, but she is interrupted by the man himself. Sam groans and puts his head in his hands. 

"Romanoff, for fuck's sake, I said that as a joke during an interview. Also, needing someone is not the same as caring for somebody. Yes, I said you need Wanda more than she needs you, but that's just because you're a person who focuses more on one person for emotional support, while Wanda is the kind of person who spreads it out more evenly. That doesn't mean she doesn't need you." Sam says, doing his best to get Natasha to understand. 

"See! It's unbalanced, she isn't as focused on me as I am on her."

Yelena throws herself onto the table they are sitting at, dramatically. She groans before lifting her head and looking at Natasha. 

"That is so not the point we're trying to make here, sister." She says, putting sarcastic emphasis on the sister. "You're twisting Sam's words."

Sam nods and Natasha looks down, staring at the leftover sauce on her plate.

"Even Steve has thrown hints at you." Maria says. The other two nod, agreeing. "You think he would call you Wanda's wife, tell you to get a room or that you two are in your own world on a whim? Just for fun? I bet that he, Carol and Wanda have talked about you guys. Have you seen the look Carol gives when she looks at you two?" Maria points out. 

"Wanda flirts with everybody." Natasha points out. 

"That is not what we are talking about!" Yelena yells out. "She always, always, chooses you whenever she can. Have you two ever gone on a mission not paired up? Yes, she's naturally flirty, and yeah she's even kissed me that one time, but-"

"She would never kiss me in a bathroom." Natasha says. This time she puts her head on the table, and Maria pats her hair. 

***

Wanda is sitting on a chair in Steve's room, spinning around aimlessly. 

"Maybe she's just not into me." She says. 

"Now why would you think that?" Carol asks from the sofa where she's scribbling drawings into a notebook. "She looks at you like you hung the moon and the stars." She points out. 

"Her eyes are always sparkling though. She looks at everyone like that." Wanda says. 

"No, that's just your crush speaking." Steve says and Wanda gasps. 

"Steve! How dare you! They are always sparkling!" Wanda argues and Steve just shakes his head. "No, but guys, think about it. I could not have dropped any more hints. I've been so obvious that even news letters are making rumours about us, and even when they talk about one of us individually they always include the other one. Wouldn't Nat have said something by now if she actually felt the same way about me?" Wanda asks.

"Look, Nat is good at many things, but when it comes to emotional awareness, she's an idiot." Carol says. 

"Don't call her that."