Nightmare

Description: Natasha leaves for a mission, and Wanda has been having nightmares ever since she left.

Warnings: Angst

Words: 1395

———————————————————

Third Person P.O.V

Darkness. All that's left is pitch black. There is a very small crack in the ceiling, getting a very little amount of light inside the dark room.

That's the worst part. The light. The only thing that makes it easy to see the pool of blood on the floor. The limp body on the floor that's covered in blood.

Each second that goes by, it gets harder to breathe, as the smell of the dead slowly takes over. It's not easy to see anything in this room, as the tears make the vision impossible.

Sitting in the corner, to scared to see the body again. Who did this? Who? These questions being replayed more and more.

The worst part of it all? The killer is on the opposite side of the room, the side of darkness. Being unable to move makes it impossible to see their face, but wanting to find out who did this.

Screaming to get their attention, to bring them to the light, but it's impossible, it's as if the killer is frightened too.

A gasp is heard. Wanda sits up on the bed, hardly breathing. She looks around trying to realize what just happened.

She looks around and sees her alarm. 3:44. She gets up and heads to the kitchen to make herself some coffee, as she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep anymore.

As she waits for her coffee to be made, she sits there trying to make sense of the nightmare. She couldn't remember much anymore, but she knew she saw Natasha's dead body and she could never remove that image of her head.

"Having trouble sleeping too?" Tony said walking in slowly so he wouldn't scare Wanda.

"Yeah. Nightmare." Wanda said before standing up and getting two coffee mugs.

"Thank you." Tony said as she poured him some coffee.

"Can I ask you something?" Wanda asked after a bit of thinking.

"Yeah sure." Tony said putting down his coffee.

"When Steve leaves for missions, do you have nightmares?"

"Of course. I know you're probably having them too, do you want to talk about it?" Tony said sending her a smile.

"It was dark, but I could see something. Just one thing. Nat. Her lifeless body." Wanda said.

"I'm really sorry you had to go through that, but think about it this way, the nightmares each day will get better, until the day Nat's back, where for the first time you will be able to sleep an entire night." Tony said with a full smile on his face.

Wanda smiles at that thought, she had two more weeks, and she could handle that.

*

More light. The crack in the ceiling was bigger, getting more light in the room. For the first time, she could move her body.

Although still unable to stand up, arms and legs were able to bend and that was reassuring.

Blood. There's more blood on the floor. The smell was stronger than before meaning they had been there for days, maybe even weeks.

Feet. The killers feet. That's all that was visible from the killer. Each time getting closer to the body and closer to the killer.

Sound. Like an alarm. Light. A lot of light instantly appeared causing Wanda to jump up from her bed.