Drive Thru Romance

Description: Peter is working when two lovesick women go through the drive-thru.

Warnings: Fluff

Words: 1185

-------------------

Third Person P.O.V

"Alright, two caramel macchiatos, one donut and a breakfast sandwich. Here you go!" Peter says, reaching through the window and handing the order to the customer.

Peter was in the middle of his shift, the day had been incredibly busy and stressful today, but right now he was in the middle of enjoying the nice lack of customers. He had a few more hours of work before it ended and he could head to his night classes. By now, he was starting to feel drained and he was sure he needed to get himself a coffee.

With the lack of customers, he found himself on his phone, about to click on a compelling Twitter thread about puppies, when he looked up and saw two cars pull up at the drive-thru. He adjusted his headset and turned on the speaker.

"Welcome! May I take your order?" He said.

There was silence for a few seconds, before a voice responded.

"Yes, hi! Can I get an iced Americano and a cake pop?"

"Sure thing! One iced Americano and a cake pop. That will be 5$. Please pull up to the window when you're ready."

The car moved forward and Peter repeated the interaction with the second customer, this time ordering a açai refresher and a muffin.

Peter handed off the orders to his coworkers, and he stepped up to the window to take the payment. When he slid the window open, he noticed the woman behind the wheel was completely turned around, staring at something behind her with a surprised look.

Peter is a curious teenage, so he peeks his head out of the window, only seeing the second car. The woman inside lifted her hand off the wheel to wave to him, but that was it.

Looking back to the first customer, he watched as a smile grew on the woman's face at the interaction.

"Ma'am?" Peter asked politely.

At his question, the woman turned towards him. Peter took a moment to look over her. She had short blonde hair, falling above her shoulder. Two piercing green eyes that looked up at him. She was stunning.

"Sorry about that." She said, letting out an embarrassed giggle.

"No problem, ma'am!" Peter replied with a bright smile. "That will be 5$."

"Of course." She said, digging through her purse until she grabbed her card, but as she was about to hand it to Peter, she paused. "Actually, I'd like to pay for the car behind me too."

Peter blinked a couple times as he processed what was said. It's not like it never happens, it just wasn't very common, so it always startled him at first.

"Okay, if you're sure." Peter said, and the woman nodded.

At her confirmation, he listed off the new total and she handed over her card. When the payment was complete, Peter handed it back and she added.

"Can you tell her I think she's hot?"

Oh.

"I supposed I could pass the message." Peter answered with a smile. Hell yeah, he loved playing matchmaker. He reached for a pen, an idea in his head. "Would you like me to leave your number on her cup?" He said, raising the beverage. The blonde smirked and read off her number.

Peter then handed her the drink and cake pop, the woman looking inside the bag before placing them on the passenger seat.

"Thank you! Also remember to tell her I think she's hot. Like super hot. Hotter than the sun hot." The blonde repeats. Oh, Peter hopes these two hook up. Or better, go on dates, get married and have lots of kids. He hopes he's invited.

After confirming to her that he would pass on the message, word for word, the blonde woman drove off and Peter was mentally preparing himself. He hoped this went well, and that the woman in the second car was flattered.

And as the second car pulled up, Peter realised why the first woman was so endeared. This woman was pretty. She had long hair, wavier than the blonde's and it was red. She had round sultry eyes with long lashes. Her lips were plush, the same colour as her hair.

To top it off, the woman wore long earrings that touched her shoulders, and Peter was sure that top was designer. The woman screamed sophisticated, elegance and fancy. Peter, despite knowing it was physically impossible, knew the two women would make the prettiest babies.

"Hello!" He began. "Normally, this is where I'd take your payment, but the car before you wanted to pay for your order." He said, and the woman just raised an eyebrow, clearly amused. "And, she wanted me to tell you that she thinks you're hot."

The woman laughed at that, and her eyes lit up, which made her seem much friendlier and nicer. It gave Peter the courage to repeat the blonde woman's exact words.

"Like super hot. Hotter than the sun hot. Those were her exact words." Peter repeated, happy to see the message was received so positively.

The woman only shook her head, but it was clear she couldn't hide her smile even if she wanted to. She looked incredibly endeared. You've got this blonde, you're definitely getting that date.

"Idiot." Peter heard her mumble. "I'm sorry. That was my wife. She always does this."

Oh. Ohhhhh.

"Oh that's more than alright! That's so sweet!" Peter couldn't help but gush. "How long have you been married, if you don't mind me asking."

The woman leaned back in her seat, a lovesick smile on her face.

"We got married a few years ago, but we've known each other since we were kids." She explains, and Peter couldn't believe this was real life.

"Well, congratulations! I wish you two lots of happiness." Peter told the woman honestly. It might not be the love at first sight story he was hoping for, but a whipped pair of wives was even better.

"Thank you!" She responded with a large smile. "And sorry again. She's a big idiot."

If Peter squealed internally at that, it was nobody's business but his own.

"Really, it's no problem! Here's your order!"

After he handed her the order, he waved goodbye and closed the window.

He noticed the car from earlier had parked in the parking lot, and he watched as the red head parked right next to it.

The blonde woman was leaning against her car, waiting for the red head to get out of the car. Once she did, she gave the blonde a quick slap on the arm but soon melted into her arms, looking very giggly and happy.

-------------------

Hi! Sorry that this one was so short, I've been writing a very long chapter but didn't want to keep you guys waiting. Also, what would you guys think of having smut in my next one shot?? I've never included it before so I'm not sure if you guys would like that! Let me know <3 BYEEE