Chapter 38: Betrayal

"That was pointless, we could've just stayed strangers."

Y/n's P.O.V

-Approximately 1 week later-

Indistinct chatters and laughter encircle the aromatic surroundings of the tiny cafe. Giggles and chatters also misbehave on my corner. The vicinity of the cafe sustains itself into a cocoon of joy for a few warm and blessed moments. But among every other person, annoyance illustrates the way my finger fiddles with the fork, brutally breaking the heart of food.

Not that I'm hating that atmosphere. It's just the random sorrow gripping me with its claws after regretting my whole life's decisions.

Pretty common.

Everything was so perfect from the morning. Slowly and reluctantly, I woke up from my slumber. The golden rays trickled in through the curtains while I just hugged the soft sheets. Probably trying to shed me from the remaining glimpses of my dreams. The process of soaking into the warmth of my covers continued till I felt my phone vibrating.

A sheepish grin encouraged my face as I analyzed the caller's ID.

Chim.

Along with all those sweet exchanges of good morning and all, we planned on meeting up for breakfast at a cafe, including Yuri. Since it's a weekend, we might end up having brunch. And that's what I like the most.

But little did I know that the starting of the shatterings of my day would knock in without an invitation.

And I proudly place all the blames on Yuri.

Cause she's the initial point of my annoyance of the day.

The moment I sensed that I couldn't feel the merest existence of Yuri in the house, I knew it. She basically left out of nowhere. Checking through my unread messages, I get confirmed on my assumptions.

[Gonna be late. Don't wait😘

-From Yuri]

After reading the text, the calm atmosphere of my bedroom hampered by the audible sigh from me. Not because I was upset or stuff. The fact that she was going out of my sight almost every day leaving that text, was offending me. I've always tagged her along on my hangout plans no matter what. And in return what do I get? Being ditched by Yuri.

'Okay fine! I'll go without Yuri.'

These are all my anger issues could sum up, until I blur it all out for the sake of a peaceful morning shower. Planning the best breakfast menu along with my outfit. 'Have to enjoy my weekend' is the only goal for today.

But seems like, the day itself challenged my luck for being good for once.

The cry of frustration leads me to my bed after a few hours. The minutes of effort in choosing the outfit, which was totally nugatory. My eyes once again scan through the text of Jimin, before another dispirited sigh erupts from me.