Chapter 5 : Memories

"Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace."

                                                                Jimin's P.O.V

"I don't think it would be better that way."She says while a subtle smirk was forming on her lips.

Whenever she would bite the edge of her smile only to prevent that creeping grin at bay, that means something is going on her head. It could be a funny idea. But sometimes it's hard to know the intention behind her perking lips.

"What is going on in your head, you little daredevil?"I asked as she was so deep in her thought, plastering a smirk on her face. Hearing my question, her smirky faces vanishes as she looks at me with a straight face."I don't know yet."She says making my eyebrows creased in confusion.

"Don't even think of some crazy ideas, you smarty pants!"I warned her as she giggles like a little girl, who has found her favorite barbie after a long time. And I swear even the birds would shut up to hear her beautiful laughter emerging the atmosphere with gorgeous sounds, composing what's still today my favorite song. But today it's more beautiful because she was a crying mess a while ago.

If someone except me would witness her today from the crying mess to the now giggling her, would freak out.He/she would think of her as a madwoman. But I know her that she's smirking like this, thinking of some other things, only to distract herself from thinking the worst part of today.

"Did you remember the last time we pranked in our high school?"

                                                                Flashback

She was sitting in front of me at lunch with a sardonic and sinister expression, slightly smirking as she was deep on her thoughts."Don't, Y/n."I glared at her as she just smirked at me."I was thinking of exposing the principal's affair."She says as my eyes grew bigger in shock.

"Wh-what the principal is having an affair?"I was about to scream in shock but I lowered my voice which was only audible to her, realizing all the people around us. This time her eyes grew bigger, as she stared at me with utter shock.

"Seriously, Chim?"She asked as she crossed her arms on her chest, letting out a frustrated sigh."Do you live in this world?"She asked me again slightly raising her right brow."Everyone knows about this, even the nerds."She continued with a slight pout on her lips.

"You mean with the social worker?"I said as I rolled my eyes, completely uninterested."Yeah. But I heard that he treats her as his sugar baby." She said with an exciting tone, but I know she's planning some kind of pranks to mess with them.

||

It's night but I'm stuck in school with the idea of a hilarious prank. She wanted me to carry something to the principal's office. It was a large box of something heavy...but I don't know what it was as I didn't open it. But as I was walking downstairs with that heavy box, I stumbled on the last step of the stairs.

Phew! I didn't fell. But I felt that something had happened to the box as I heard a cracking noise from inside. I quickly opened the box for checking it.

Words left me. It was a skeleton. The one which we used in our biology class earlier. I'm disappointed but not surprised. Cause I know her. I sighed before mumbling under my breath she's just crazy.

I was in front of the office door with that heavy box. Then I knocked on the door as she was there already. At first, I knocked 2 times. Then waited for 2 secs and then again knocked 3 times according to our plan.

She opens the door half, hiding behind the door."Do I really have to say it?"I said annoyed as she was about to snort out of laughter, but suppressed it anyway."Yes."She says as she waits for me to say that damn code according to her plan.

"Good mornin', "I said with a playful tone according to the plan as she lets me in, trying her best not to laugh. Cheeks all sucked in and lips pursed as she was trying her best to stop her from laughter.

 Cheeks all sucked in and lips pursed as she was trying her best to stop her from laughter

Seeing her, I let out an unexpected laugh as she also does the same. Our laughter was so pure and childish that echoes through the room. But we soon suppressed our remaining laughter in the sake of not getting caught and getting this work done soon.

She takes out the skeleton from the box as I open the cupboard which was filled with files. She places the skeleton in there as she started to admire it."Done?"I asked as she just shook her head in negative. She grabs a lipstick from the small bag which was dangling in her skinny arm. She smeared it on the skull of the skeleton, drawing a small heart.

"Finished."She says as she was plastered with a proud expression while she was admiring it. I couldn't hold my laughter as she was feeling proud of something like this. She looked at me as I broke into my laughter. And soon, she joins me.

                                                        Flashback Ends

Her laughter was the summer rain and the birdsong too, and every time I heard it, no matter the weather, the sun brightened. It was as if her sound lifted a veil from my eyes and allowed me to see the world more clearly. I wish she could realize it too. It's funny how laughter can do that, those honest rumblings of the soul.

"You almost gave the principal a heart-attack!"I exclaimed, laughing at the funny memories.

"But it's not fair to get us on detention without proof?"She says as she pouts.

But soon after it was faded by our sudden outburst of laughter, thinking about all those fun memories.