Chapter 19: War of mind

"She had magic in her eyes even the stars envied."

Jungkook's P.O.V

Professionalism.

That's a huge word. So people need to think at least thrice before stating that word addressing them. They need to question themselves if they could actually do it 'professionally.' A blasé sigh breaks out of me as I take a glance at the watch for the millionth time. The employee bluntly introducing his products and goals, injecting the listeners with boredom.

"Another thing" The employee announces greeting his next point while everyone was already facing their resurrection due to boredom. Well...I don't know that much about everyone. But now I'm losing my patience.

After an eternity later seems like, but it has only been a few seconds, Dongmin recognizes my boredom as an exasperation laced sigh escapes from him.

Choi Dongmin.

The mature and most formal man I've ever met in my life. Business and deals in which he surrounds. Or the other way around, he's surrounded by business and deals. He's always a lifesaver when it comes to boring meetings like this. He has been there for me for a long time that I can't even remember when I met him. But I do remember that dad first introduced him to me.

And I used to hate him back then.

But things change quite fast. Now, he has become a part of my daily routine.

The first thought which comes to my mind that he must be bored too. But the second and exact thought made me roll my eyes at myself. He's annoyed by my childish attitude now.

"Five more minutes." He mouthes, from across his seat.

Five. More. Minutes.

Perfect! Let me plan my funeral now. In case I die out of boredom, I must not regret something after death.

"I think we should have a coffee break." Dongmin proposes, making some people a way out of the invisible pillars of boredom including me. I excitedly get up from my seat but still paint a straight face which I learned from Dongmin obviously.

To act mature.