Chapter 18: Fair Game

"Age is no guarantee of maturity"

Y/N's P.O.V

Half-laying on the couch, my eyes trailing on the thumbnails of the movies displaying on the TV screen. A bowl of gummy candies on my lap. The comfy cushion under me. That's all I could remember.

Until a pretty face hovers in front of my view as I squint my eyes in disbelief.

Yuri.

A faint smile grasps my face instinctively.

"I almost forgot that you are here," I utter with my raspy voice followed by a yawn.

"Of course you did. Spending more time in your dreamland even though I'm here." She spats out bitterly.

"Did I fall asleep?" I ask myself. Realization incises me slowly making me remember the fact that I fell asleep on my couch at that moment.

"No, you died a while ago." She mutters sarcastically. Not giving an inkling of care on her words, I engage myself in stretching my body at different awkward angles.

"Let me die again for a while," I state as I settle myself on the comfort of the couch attempting to sleep again.

"No. Don't you dare." She challenges. A tingling sensation of déjà vu rushes through my vein hearing her words.

No.

She won't do that.

I try to convince myself.

But little did I know I was too late.

Grabbing another cushion, she jumps on the couch, making me whimper underneath her body.

"Jeez...you are heavy. Get off from me." I cry out. But being the little cruel monster she is, she stays there still, contemplating her words.

"How could you forget about the lunch appointment we made?" She hits me with the cushion as she continues, " And how could you even sleep like this when I'm here?" She blabbers. The saga of hitting me with the cushion continues.