Chapter 28: Boss

"I even overthink my overthinking."

Author's P.O.V

The last rays of sunlight kiss goodbye, inviting the night over. The heat of the day replaces by a cool breeze, passing through the curtain. The reflection on the mirror can't seem to help you in approving your outfit for the date. Your eyebrows creased as well as lips pursed in confusion, examining the dress as if you are investigating some crime scenes.

Grabbing the end of your skirt, you twirl in front of the mirror, uncertain of what to do now. Your indecisive eyes glance towards the lumps of clothes you tried on earlier, but the outfit didn't cooperate with your satisfaction, resulting in rejection. A sigh of bewilderment escapes from you as you decide to go with the outfit.

The moment you step out of your room, your eyes spot Yuri, lazily snuggling on the couch with snacks. The sudden thought of doing the same as Yuri knocks in, causing you to let out an audible sigh.

"Woah! You look pretty." The audible sigh by you grabs her attention as Yuri compliments. The shadow of relief, as well as pride, settles on you with a bright smile on your face.

"Well...I look always pretty." You reply back. Your fingers gliding through your hair, causing it to flip dramatically in the air. While Yuri just scoffs witnessing your actions, unamazed.

"You know who are you acting like now?" Yuri asks, making you curious. As you glance back at her, abandoning your heels for a bit.

"Your boss." She utters, cackling under the ocean of laughter. Your face envelops a pissed expression as you shoot her a death glare.

But still, she seems like she signifies poking fun than her living.

"But it's kind of suitable for him as he's REALLY handsome." She emphasizes in enthusiasm. Your eyebrows crease up in annoyance by her sudden change of behavior.

"What do you mean? I'm not pretty? That the word 'pretty' doesn't suit me?" You bombard her with questions. While she just maintains a straight face, pupils moving back and forth. Probably observing your sudden change of behavior.

Few seconds pass as she still conceals her face with a stern look, building up the emotion of annoyance in you. Your hands clutching a pillow as a weapon, ready to use if any stupid words come out of her pretty mouth.

"When did I say that? I literally complimented you a while ago." Yuri protest, so done with this. While you narrow your eyes for the last time at her before dropping the topic there.

"By the way, where are you going anyway?" She asks, with her snoopy eyes on you.

"A date." You state, maintaining the best stern face you could ever put on. The shock of exuberant makes her sit up straight, staring at you with curiosity.

"With that 'cute' guy?" She asks, referring to Jungkook. Just by the mention of him, the warm blood creeps up onto your cheeks, making you nervous all of a sudden.