Chapter 6 :Work

"Nobody ever tells you that emptiness weighs the most."

                                                           A week later

                                                              Y/n's P.O.V

Day elapses by the company of Jimin. He would take me to different places to make me feel good. But it makes it worse whenever I spot couples in my eyesight. It reminds me of Taehyung. And it hurts so damn much. There's nothing I could do anymore to get him back. He left me. And I didn't get any texts from that stranger anymore.

Nights are far more than the worst as there is no one accompanying me. The sadness eats me up. The world no longer seems magical nor beautiful. The sky no longer seems limitless, as it feels like nothing but white smoke floating around, just like my awful emotions scattered in my mind. It's very dark. Everything is dark. Not from the practical point of view, but from my mental state.

The tears want to roll down, but they are too stubborn to wash away my pain. They just wouldn't come. It's all too atrocious; it just feels like never-ending.

Today is the day, I have to go to my workplace. The sunlight makes the rainbow diamond shapes, brushing the curtain as it lands on the white canvas which is the wall. Deliberately stretching my hands in so many awkward ways, I make myself ready for the day. I attempt to step up in my feet, landing it in the fluffy carpet. But unfortunately, I end up in my bed, lazily snuggling in my duvet.

I don't want to get up but I have to. After several strives, I sit up in my bed, tying my hair in a  weird messy bun and taking a deep breath. That's it, I have to move on. But why moving on is so fucking hard?

I finally step up from my bed as I moved my curtains, letting the sunlight shine through the window, falling on the tiled floor, hueing like sweet honey.

||

I got myself ready in an alabaster dress t-shirt with a mixture of rhino and smokey grey pencil skirt with a matching blazer.

I positioned myself in front of my bureau mirror and took inventory. Makeup was minimal, reserved with a sweep of mascara and rouge matte pink color on my lips. I let down my shoulder-length brown hair with soft ribbon curl.

 I let down my shoulder-length brown hair with soft ribbon curl

I glanced at my reflection as I let out a sigh. The girl in my reflections looks different even it's supposed to look like me. I stared, so did she. She is pale with dark hair and dark eyes. Everything about her is dark and depressed. She's the complete opposite of me. I am bright and happy, aren't I? I smiled making the edge of my lips curled with my cheeks. But guess what?

It looks fake. It just doesn't match with my expression.

||

The morning was as old as the coffee on my desk. I've been sitting at this desk for about an hour but it almost feels like a thousand years. Work piling up higher and higher. It suits this place anyways with the beige walls and melamine desk, welcoming as the unguarded strip lights and the worn blue carpet. The only thing alive in here is the ticking clock, I think the rest of us died some time ago. The clock is ticking, but I swear it's slowing down. Sitting here makes flatter than a week old glass of coke.

"Bored already, Y/n?"Someone asked me as I raised my head from the cubicle to see the owner of the voice. At least someone is alive.

A blonde hair man with flawless skin approaches me with his fierce aura. Actually, he possesses a force that makes people hesitant to approach him. But when he's standing by or thinking, he seems like a friendly and cute boy.

He is the one and only Min Yoongi.

"Yeah...kind of, "I said as I stretch my arms being tired."Wanna grab coffee?"Yoongi asks, making my mind realize that I need more coffee."Yes."I chimed in agreement as I got myself up from my seat, grabbing my bag.

||

I could not help but notice the strong smell of coffee. It was strong enough to be noticed by everyone nearby, but also sweet enough to enjoy the atmosphere. We were greeted by the warm and comfortable aroma as we entered.

"I have to make a call. So go ahead and order."Yoongi says as he slightly pushes me towards the barista to order and distanced himself from me, taking out his cellphone.

"Two iced mocha mint, please," I said to the barista in front of me as he smiled before starting to prepare it. While he was preparing it, I took a glance at the surrounding, observing all the advertisements and catalogs of freshly brewed coffee and others. This place is not much crowded, unlike others, overflowed with people. That's one of the reasons this place, is making me feel homely and cozy.

I mentally made myself a note to visit it more often. Even the walls are designed with caramel brown wallpapers and the floor is tiled with cinnamon-brown wood. The furniture here is a bit of dark shades of beige. I went back to admiring the pastries which were placed in the see-through glass showcase more congenial to my soul. A smile crept my face admiring all those sweet things, making me want to buy some to satisfy my mind. But I was snapped from my thoughts unanticipatedly.

"Hey!"Someone lightly tapped my shoulder.