Chapter 17: Curious Child

"Clever as the devil and twice as pretty."

The long rusted chains hung almost motionless within the tubular, ivy entwined framework. The chains made a quiet squeaking sound as they swung back and forth, managing to sound deafening in the atmosphere. An hour has passed habitually. We are still sitting on the swing there. Boredom was abusing me although I sit there, blank.

In the name of help, Jimin is basically texting with that guy. I could take the phone from him a lot earlier but the desire to not drain my precious energy on such a childish thing locks me up. Occasionally, Jimin asks for my irrelevant opinion for the sake of our friendship. I doubt that. So I'd go with 'I guess'.

"Aish! Does this guy still want to go on a date? Such a leech." He howls in defeat. This time without wasting any time, I finally snatch my phone from him.

"I'm going on a date with him. So it would really help if you shut that pretty mouth of yours."  A formalistic grin holds my face as I blurt the words after texting Hoseok.

Author's P.O.V

Jimin gives up being down in the mouth. At the same time, your phone vibrates as your boredom evaporates in the air as if it never existed. You excitedly receive the call following with a jovial squeal busting out of the phone. Jimin already could sense who it is.

"Hey, bish! I'm coming tomorrow. So you better pick me up from the airport." The girl squeaks from the other side of the phone. The amount of exuberance affects her voice even though she wants to make it sound like more of a threat.

"Really?" You squeal with enthusiasm through the phone. The disbelief towards her words makes your eyes bust out of its socket.

"Yeah...I finally got some long ass holidays. Thanks to my hard work, of course." She states. Pride swathed with her attitude.

"Finally!" You chime in excitement. Jimin looks up at you with eyes wide. He could predict the conversation between you two but still, he can't believe.

"This time, I want a huge welcome party. Being wasted on clubs like we did last time was no fun."She spatters nonchalantly.

"What? What fun do you want then, huh?" You protest. The thought of a huge party at your small apartment is making you anxious.

"Chill, girl! That party won't be in your apartment. So relax." She emphasizes, plotting the plans in her mind. "How about Jimin's place? He got a huge palace for what? I'm sure he'd allow that." She continues.  But you are too overwrought to listen to her plans. You don't agree with her plans at all.