Chapter 40: Maybe

"A beautiful distraction..."

Y/n's P.O.V

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" Taehyung asks.

"No.Nope. Never." I lie followed by a giggle. But at the same time, battling for it to make it seem less obvious.

"Well...that's too obvious."

"I love you. And I always will." He says, making my heart jump a beat.

Until everything darkens. The teary eyes of Taehyung conquer my rest of the vision.

"I just figured out. I can't marry you yet."

No!

"What are you doing here, honey? He left an hour ago." The middle-aged woman suddenly appears, voicing out those words repeatedly.

No!! Stop!!

My eyes shot open.  The windshield of the car slowly blurs out my vision as I squint in. In the due course, my brain achieves the fact that I slept in Jungkook's car.

Nightmare.

Those memories turned into a nightmare.

How pathetic I am!

The bitter chuckle regulates from me in the void atmosphere of the car, as the loose strays of my hair fall on my eyesight. My instinct guiding my hand to push it back, meeting with the beads of stress on my forehead and neck in the process.

Damn! He really has an effect on me after all these days.

"Hey! You're awake?" Jungkook serves himself in the car, before asking.

"Mhmm." I hum in agreement.

Only to get me under the strong gaze of his light brown orbs. His eyes rest on me, not blinking. If that would be any other person, I would be terrified or note that as a 'weird persona'. But those endless shatters of waves on his eyes always intrigues me.

Or probably it is all in his lips that discriminately presents his intention. Not quite smiling but the curve at the end of his lips says otherwise.

Intimidate yet soft.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah" I quickly add with a nod.

The nervousness eats me away under his gaze, while I dig my teeth on the flesh of my lips. I'm not so 'good' with these intimate eye-contacts. Perhaps it's just me who's not feeling myself. Eyes roaming everywhere but refusing to fall on Jungkook.

Until he moves closer with those eyes that pours in an abundance of emotions at the same time.