Chapter 9: Fantasie

"Life is tricky baby, stay in your magic"

Y/N's P.O.V

Turns out that Jungkook and Yoongi were pretty well-familiar with each other. But they lost touch for some reason. Or perhaps they didn't attempt to communicate with each other. Nah...that would be too arrogant to consider. Assuming all this just by their conversations wouldn't be appropriate.

"And you are?"That Jungkook guy asks me imperceptibly furrowing his brows in an interrogation manner.

"Okay, let me introduce, "Yoongi proceeds with his enthusiastic gummy grin, "Jungkook, this is Y/n. She's my friend and my workmate. And Y/n, this is Jungkook."

He lets out a mushy chuckle before resuming"What should I say? Lost friend?"Jungkook snickers at his comment as he playfully hits Yoongi on the shoulder before replying."Yah! You were the one who didn't even try to contact."

Cute!! That's all I could say now, observing them all tee-hee in their convo.

But promptly they were abruptly interrupted by the authentic sound of Jungkook's ringing phone. Bringing his phone in front of his eyesight, his face apprehends an irritated expression by glancing at the caller's ID.

"I'm sorry. I have to take this."He excuses before distancing himself from us, receiving the call. A trail of disturbance eclipses his friendly expression which was created earlier by the presence of Yoongi. I peeped at Yoongi, acknowledging him grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Aww! Look at that goofy grin!"I assert in a deriding way, earning a death glare from him.

"You surely are a mood spoiler."Yoongi admonishes me, glazing his so-called 'cold' face.

"Here we go again with the 'cold' Yoongi, "I uttered inconsiderably pouting my lips, plastering a mimicking pathetic face.

"You don't even know the actual 'cold' Yoongi."He replied receiving a mocking expression from me.

"Oh really? Then which Yoongi do I know?" I asked him further, poking fun at him.

"Y/n."He continues before slouching on the seat with a heavy sigh."You are"He hesitates for a brief moment, presumably thinking about which 'swear word' suits me well."Forget it."He answers unbothered by my teasing.

I let out a deep sigh before humping on the seat beside him, being vanquished by his nonchalant behavior. Inadvertently the man who has excused himself from us a while ago came on my eyesight as I was taking my sip. A sense of familiarity and cognizances cascades me as I stared at him involuntarily, observing his every movement while he was talking on the phone.

"Aww! Look at that daydreamer!"Yoongi speaks in a teasing manner with a slight curve on one side of his lips, presenting a self-satisfying simper.

"Yah! I wasn't daydreaming."I snapped at him with a subtle raise of my voice. But immediate regret and embarrassment kicked me as I realize the surrounding people gazing at me in a weird way. Seeing my troubled expression, satisfaction grants Yoongi as he bursts into laughter like a newly sprung leak - timid at first, starting and stopping. I fold my arms, arching my brow, waiting for him to finish his laughter.

"Then what were you doing earlier?"He asks me, trying to maintain a straight face.

"He just looks kind of familiar, "I spoke with an observant voice as if I'm understanding my own statement by speaking it aloud.

"Well, you know him."He says as I tilt my head at him in a confused state.

"I know him?"I mumbled under my breath which was barely audible, but Yoongi discovered it anyway.

"Yes, dummy."He says as he ruffles my hair amiably.

"But how?"I asked him like a lost puppy, probably lost in my own scattered thoughts.

"Our boss mentioned him once. He's Jeon Jungkook.The CEO of the Fantasie."He responds before glancing the vicinities around him as if they are providing him hints.

This information that laid on my subconscious mind admits in a second or two by the words of Yoongi. Sudden realization and surmise control me as I mumble under my breath which was only audible to me.

"Now I wonder why he looks familiar."

The man if anything is fitter looking than I expected, Jeon Jungkook approaches the table where Yoongi and I are having our mochas.

"Umm..." he continues before slightly clearing his throat in a hesitant manner" I've got some urgent work. So I've to go now. See you soon."He confesses, gazing us in an apologetic demeanor as Yoongi just nods in an understanding custom.

||

After an exhausting day at work, I was tired as hell. I could be undoubtedly named as a walking zombie, dead on the inside but subconsciously awake.

With my slouchy moves, I head towards the parking lot of my office where I parked my car. I never thought that I'd be these drained after a week of holiday. I also never thought that I would be stacked up with so much work. Like c'mon I deserve some sympathy. A deep exhalation left my chest as I walked in my car.

Contemplating straight ahead, only half-aware because of the claustrophobic comfort of the car as my hands stroking the steering wheel, the almost inaudible changing of the gears. After a 10 minute drive, I parked my car as I arrived at my home.

Sun descended lower beckoning the end of the day. The light of day emptying away proposing a dark velvety sky, crickets chirping fabricating the peaceful breeze. Being absorbed in the music of crickets, the aristocratic energy of nature wash in with her dexterity.

Outside the front door is a suitcase, gleaming under the yellow rays of the porch light. My brows furrowed with confusion, but soon after I discerned the front door ajar.

As I was about to enter my home, a strong pair of arms pull me into his embrace endeavoring a bear hug. I was gaped by the sudden affection but soon I snuggled more into the familiar warmth.

"Missed me, crybaby?"