Chapter 10: Bother

"Not all storms come to disrupt the way of life, some come to clear the path."

"Missed me, crybaby?"Namjoon vocalizes with his soothing voice as I tightened my grip around him.

"Hmm, "I replied, snuggling more into his embrace, too lazy to speak a word. However, I'm always indolent but it increased at an alarming rate because of the hug.

There's no coincidence in the words 'brother' and  'bother' that they are only one letter apart. Kim Namjoon is my elder brother, kind of annoying brother. I might be weird stating this that it inscribes our relationship more real in some kind of way. But when he's in the mood, he could be the most loving and caring person in the world. His presence never fails to annoy me but at the same time, I end up loving him more.

"Yah! You are stinking."He accused me of stinking imprecisely, breaking the hug. Okay, here we go...the annoying mode is on.

"Yah!"I squawked at him for the unexpected indignation, giving a friendly punch in his arm. I was about to spat out my aggravation of the whole day on him but suddenly, a voice interrupted me from doing so.

"Hun, you're back."The soft voice of my mom reaches my brain but it recalls the suitcase on the front door.

Exhaling a deep sigh in more frustration, I tilted my head to face her. My eyes detected the feeble figure in the doorway. A blue frock printed with white dots embellishes her soft curves. Her chestnut brown hair dangles around her shoulder, making her unawarely pretty. A shade of red decorating her lips making her more adorable. Yes, that's how she's looking now, standing in front of me.

"Mom, are you going somewhere?"I asked her, gazing admiringly at the pulchritudinous woman facing me.

"Yeah."She responds flashing me a diffident grin as she continues, "How I'm looking?"She asks with an endearing little grin.

Really! She has to ask me this. Doesn't my jaw-dropping expression make it all comprehensible?

"You are looking.."My brain couldn't generate on which word would sound quintessential as I pause for a brief moment "Beautiful" I blurted out with a heavy sigh. But immediate realization encrust me after saying just 'beautiful.' She deserves more than 'beautiful'. But scratch that, I need to know where she was going with all her belongings packed up.

But my simple compliment seems to be enough to make her giggle.

"Well, hun."Impatience retains me like a blessing in disguise as she desists for a minuscule moment. A beam of satisfaction abducts her face noticing my perfervid expression.

"Mom is going on a trip, "Namjoon enunciates mom's words by playing false with mom, unable to hold his impatience as mom was terribly teasing us by not telling the things at a 'normal pace', investigating our patience.

"Really!"The brightest smile lay hold of my face as I squealed with delight which made mom's expression change into a gladden one from the glaring.

"Hold on. The ride has just started."Namjoon declares with his enthusiastic voice which somehow perturbed me, thinking the probability of the conditions.

"What?"Insufficiency of acquiescence verbalized me as I glanced at Namjoon before securing my gaze at mom."You didn't mention this before?"

"Hun, I'm informed about that just now."She guaranteed me lingering a sheepish grin plastered on her face since earlier.

"Aren't you gonna ask more? Like with whom she's going?"Namjoon browns off with a dissatisfied voice.

"Mr.Jung?"I uttered it in a questioning manner anticipating my current presumptions."I can already guess that."Dispassionate expression was evident in my face as I mentioned it.

"Aren't you happy about that?"Placing a hand on my shoulder, Namjoon asked me with concern evident in his voice.

"Why wouldn't I be?"I asked him back being all smiles. But deep down, a part of me was feeling kind of eccentric. Maybe the reason is I would miss her.

"You look a bit bothered," Lingering on his disquietude voice, Namjoon expresses his words concentrating at me.

"I'm just tired," I persuaded him with a humble grin as he nods with my subterfuge, completely not convinced.

"Okay, hun. Go rest. I've to go now."My mom asserts before pulling me into a warm hug. Damn, I'm gonna miss her so much."I love you."She whispers before breaking the hug."Love you too."An enervated grin procures as I responded back.

Bye or goodbye was never at the conclusion of our conversations. Cause I don't discern why I have a staunch belief that bye or goodbye implies I'm never gonna meet them again. Standing under the yellow porch light, I stand there watching her as she walks away.

"Mom, "I call out involuntarily as she peered back at me with her sparkling eyes."Will you come back here after the trip?"I subsequently expressed which was soaring like a killer bee around my mind.

"I'll think about it."After softening her expression, she replies as I nod at him keeping my retiring smile. Subtly nodding back at me with a grin, she gets on the car.

||

My mind dissolves into mediocrity and everything is nothing but a murky illusion as the water pours down on me, dripping by my side. The sensation of the steamy water pacifies me in a million distinctive ways which I wouldn't be capable to paint in statements. Among one of the things I honestly don't care about is water. My mind swirls taking off peripheral problems of the day.

But ever so relaxing and beautiful, is not gonna last for me, I know that better than anything or anyone else. The doorbell rings plundering my untroubled mood as I take a breath in order to calm myself, but I know that it is useless. Stepping out from the steamy shower, I clad myself in a bathing robe before heading towards the doorway.

" Surprise!"That's what I heard as soon as I opened the door.