Chapter 31: Devil's trap

"Life is one big 'why did I do that' moment"

Y/n's P.O.V

The familiar yet quite new voice causes me to turn towards him, only to meet with a pair of brown doe eyes along with a devilishly handsome grin. His all-black attire representing another completely new personality of his.

You know, those rich CEO vibes. It's common to get this type of vibes from a CEO. But never did I know, that it would be so appealing.

Jungkook.

A turtle neck top paired with a silver chain is better than being distracted on his almost bare chest.

So much better.

But still, that top is not helping my eyes to fall from grace. The way it enunciates his broad chest provokes my eyes to linger on him a bit longer than I expected. My brain warning my eyes to not go lower. But as I said, my eyes can't help but get a glimpse of his thick thighs.

The sudden realization of me ogling him like that hits me. Blood rushing in my cheeks as I detach my eyes from his body.

But little did I know that my expression would mirror him.

That he would stare at me the same way.

"And I didn't know you'd also be one to congratulate me," I respond. A smug grin replaces my stern face. The subtle smirk stretches on his face while his once caramel eyes darken with a trace of cravings.

Where is that cute dreamy boy? Where is that frequent apologizing decent personality? On top of that, where is that cute bunny-like smile? Not that I'm regretting these, rather I'm loving his change of personality.

All these prove that this man is such a hit and miss. One moment he's all cute and flustered and the next moment he's the one in control.

Damn it! Now my sober state also demands him as a 'daddy'.

"Aren't you bored of how they're so bluntly congratulating you?" He asks with a pout.

Oh, no boy! That doesn't suit the not so innocent eyes of yours and the double meaning behind your words. My brain instantly working on the reply to his twisted words.

"Well...what can I expect!" I reply. My throat making a petition to gulp down the remaining from my drink in one go.

"No...don't get too light-headed." He says, stopping me midway. His fingers lightly gripping the glass surface, placing it back on the table.

"Why?"I ask. The wrinkle formed between my eyebrows explains my confusion towards him.

"Cause I won't be a part of that little tease game of yours." He leans in, letting his voice out in a husky undertone. My eyes widening in extreme shock, still not believing his duality. My brain shooting me those flashbacks of that welcome party night with him. My thighs clamping with each other in anticipation.

His light brown eyes piercing on me, making me lost in its depth. Undeniably difficult to read his waves of emotions shattering in his brown orbs. My eyes dare to move their gaze towards his candy apple red lips. His teeth delving on the edge of the flesh of his lips.

But the constant vibration of my phone snaps me out from him as I check the caller's ID.

Chim🐣.

Perfect timing! You deserve a treat from me. Sarcasm echoes my mind.

"Umm...I've to receive this." I excuse myself from the handsome devil's trap. My eyes already in search of a private place until I spot a corner. Not too many people gathering there, just a few passers-by.

"Congrats Y/N~~" He sings out with a squeal at the end. But his enthusiasm blends in the loud music along with the scream of Yuri.

"Yah! Why are you calling her?" She yells at Jimin. And I could imagine the pout on his lips that made me chuckle.

"Thanks, Chim," I reply. But a voice after Yuri gets me like a bolt out of the blue.

His soothing voice contemplating with the stern voice of Yuri, siding Jimin. My eyes gradually become wide the more I could recognize his voice through their conversation. My throat defending my voice for a good minute, scrutinizing the unexpected voice more. But the realization just shocks me even more, blacking me out from the blabberings of Jimin and Yuri.

Namjoon.

Why the hell he's with my friends? The whole thing kind of smells fishy.

Finally, when I get the courage to utter a word, the call hangs up.

Great! Chim. You also have a talent for hanging up at the wrong time.

A depriving sigh leaves my lips as I put my phone back. My mind telling me to deal with that later. But something in me is tingling my curiosity.

But never did I know that the curiosity would evaporate in the air so soon.

And the depriving sigh would soon turn into an astonishing gasp.

Like yeah, we never know what's gonna happen in the next moment.

The moment I turn to go back, my eyes meet with that same doe eyes. But darker than earlier. That subtle curve painted on his lips as he approaches. My instinct forces me to back away a bit while my ego screams to put on a stern face. But I can't blame my instincts though as his appealing body towers me. The wall teases my instincts blocking my steps back. His smug grin extends the more he observes my movement.

I'm back in his trap.

Again.

But I don't regret it.

Rather I want it.

His muscular hand lands on the surface of the wall while his eyes seeking my own. As if he's finding something.

Maybe the same thing that I'm seeking in his.

 Probably it didn't bloom yet.

But that didn't stop us from exploring each other.

In the hope of finding it afterward.

But still, it's a maybe.

[Next update: Friday]