Chapter 21: Frozen Dessert

"I wonder what I look like in your eyes"

Jungkook's P.O.V

 The word amazement doesn't quite suit her expression. Cause it's more than amazement in her eyes. The ice cream freezer was stacked full with mint chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie dough, buttered pecan...but there were more...so many more! Her eyes glide on the different flavors of the frozen dessert while the clear glass felt the subtle touch of her fingertips.

I investigate the surroundings of the ice cream parlor one more time as the thought of her favorite celebrity's presence was interrupting. But her cheerful expression towards the frozen desserts once again proved me wrong.

That means the cause of this crazy enthusiasm in her is that frozen dessert!

Kinda hard to accept. But I just accepted the scenario anyway.

She's just too.....uh...pure...I guess.

The hint of paramount settles in her face as she takes a few steps back. She tucks the strand of brown locks behind her ear while her indecisive eyes roam around the different flavors along with a furrow. She really looks like she's choosing something that will have an impact on the rest of her life.

She lets out a deep sigh as her shoulders slump while the enthusiastic stare evaporates in the air. After what seems like a decade, she settles her gaze full of uncertainty and lack of conclusion on me.

"I just rushed in here as I was craving for that one particular flavor ice cream. But look at me now...I can't choose." She complains pathetically. Only I know, how much I tried to suppress my laughter at that moment. It's kind of rude to laugh at her present condition.

"There's just...too many flavors." She utters as she again settles her indecisive eyes on the stack of ice cream. Her teeth delving into the skin of her lips.

"Why don't we try all of them?" I joked. But little did I know that the enthusiasm would inhabit on her again along with sparkling eyes.

"My treat." She utters with a jovial voice before ordering.

Seriously?

She actually believed me.

Do I really look that serious even when I'm joking?

Must be the impact of Dongmin.

The stubborn disbelief conducts me to stand there still for a good minute.

||

"Yay! Now time for our third ice cream."  She squeals like a kid. The sense of disbelief made me skeptically eye her.