𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

ℙ𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕪 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕠𝕟

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

SUMMER

TWO DAYS POST-BATTLE

"Can I get you anything?" I constantly begged Daphane Greengrass in her room at St. Mungos, "Please. Anything you want."

She made a loud groaning sound accompanied by a signature Greengrass eyeroll, "How about any type of feeling in my legs? Can you give me that?"

I have spent the last two days crying. My eyes were red, puffy, and raw. In my head, I was constantly hyperventilating. Completely sobbing until I threw up stomach acid and bile. I wasn't eating. Definitely not drinking enough water.

When the news of Voldemort's return sprinkled through the magic community— the light side was skeptical.

The purebloods all knew. We knew he was back. We could feel it. Suddenly the shushed screaming from our parents' dinner party conversations were now screeches from the world around us. All of us pureblood Slytherin children had a responsibility to the Dark side- despite not even wanting it. 

We started training after the fifth year. I still remember the frustration and stress surrounding Hogwarts after Cedric's death. Quietly, while the others had Dumbledores Army, we were also training. None of the training prepared us for what happened that day.

Shit became real after the summer going into the sixth year. We all trained harder, figuring out how to fight for what we always were told to believe in. We were just fucking kids. How could you put that must pressure on fucking children?

The wounds that gushed blood from Marley, Daphane, and Astoria. Theodore giving us a wide-eyed look of panic when Draco tried to help us. 

Daphne's skin was pale. Her lips were nearly blue and chapped. She had bruises all over her neck and face. I would assume she had the same under her hospital gown too.

She didn't have any feelings in her legs- her spine was too severely injured in the battle. Her tired posture slumped forward when she attempted to move. Her constant shaking hands reminded me that I was lucky to leave without a scratch on me.

Daphne broke the silence, "How is everyone else?"

I could tell she was fading in and out of consciousness because she was never nice or asked about anyone.

That's why we got along so well— we both hated everybody.

"Dead," I replied flatly. "But, Marley is still in surgery. Astoria is next door. Lydia broke her wrist. I think Blaise was here to get treated. Not really sure about Draco."

Daphne opened her eyes when I said Marley's name. "She.. survived? How? She literally was spilling out organs or something from under her boob and stomach. Ugh."

I grimaced at the image in my head of Marley unconscious in Theo's arms. I nodded slowly, "Yeah, but.. doesn't look good for her. Even with her parents seeing her they aren't too hopeful either. Also, her organs weren't spilling out of her body— that's a bit dramatic."