𝙤𝙣𝙚

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓮𝔂 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼𝓵𝓮𝔂

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

The bell for the entry chimed at five in the morning, halting my dream state abruptly. I shot up from the bed, uncovering the warm blankets that were cuddled around me and my brother.

My parents weren't home- they were working the night shift. Or whatever. I don't really know. But that meant I had to answer the door. No one ever comes to our house. Let alone at five am.

I tugged a sweater from my desk onto my body and stepped into the slippers next to my bed.

The bell sounded again. Ring! Ring!

Fuck. I suppose it's important of they rang twice, yeah? Did I mention it was five in the fucking morning?

"Coming!" I shouted as if whoever was there could hear me from the back of the manor where my room was located.

After clutching onto my wand from the side table, I planted a kiss onto my brother's headline before hurrying down the grand staircase.

I cracked open the massive victorian style front door. It was snowing- two days before the Christmas holiday. An all too familiar icy blond was standing on my porch- Draco Malfoy.

I rubbed my eyes in skepticism, "Draco? What on earth are you doing here?"

He was shivering. His clothes were damp and he looked beyond fatigued. His eyes were inflamed and droopy. He looked scared- which was an expression I have never seen from him before.

It was bitterly cold out. The snow was coming down violently, which quickly reminded me of the snowstorm and ice blizzard warning that was announced before I had fallen asleep.

I shook my head at his condition, "Bloody hell- and without a jacket... It's freezing outside, Malfoy!"

Trickles of blood came from where his hands were placed on his shirt. Droplets of red appeared onto the fresh snow leading from the driveway and up the porch stairs.

"Oh my goodness," My expression widened with shock and apprehension. Foolishly, I stammered out, "Is that blood?"

"I didn't know where else to go, Marley." He answered meekly with a voice break, "Can you help me?"

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

In my opinion, the most damaging part of the war being finished was the funerals. I don't mean the sadness of them. I mean the fake bullshit that follows it. Everyone weeping over each other, pretending that whoever died was their best friend.

I couldn't even attend the funerals and I was upset about the amount of fraud that was displayed at the Greengrass sisters hospital room that I didn't want to.

Because there were numerous people whose experience that day was far more critical than just death.

Observing my friends fight for something bigger than we could even understand... Hogwarts students who we have known since we were ten years old and family members die by a single wand flick or being lacerated, wounded, and tortured in front of you- it annihilates a part of you brain that will never recover.

There were fifty other bodies laid down to rest apart from the identifiable and these faceless 'heroes' are popularly called The Fallen Fifty.