𝙩𝙚𝙣

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓮𝔂 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼𝓵𝓮𝔂

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙
SUMMER

St. Mungo's Hospital

"This will be a PR nightmare!" My mom screamed at my father. I was too weak to force my eyes completely open after I was taken to the hospital.

"I'm aware, Ashley. I already reached our advisor. She said she would take care of the press. The Malfoy family is having the same issue." My father responded to her, "Why would she do this? She never once mentioned it to us."

My mother's voice started breaking, "Well, now she's ruined! She's ruined, Jonathan. Just like he is. She was perfect. She was our perfect girl."

"I know. Marley was special." My father attempted to reassure my mother, "She's not ruined. She just.. she just made a poor choice."

"A choice she can't come back from, Dylan." I could feel my mother's touch on my skin, "She will always be ruined now. There's nothing we can do."

Days after my surgery and a few rounds of healing potions later, I was told what happened. I figured out what my mother meant by ruined.

I nearly died. Multiple times. Every time was different but they all ended the same way. I visited heaven, and I returned howling.

FALL

I had been successfully dodging Theodore since we broke up the other night. Well, broke up but without dating. Friday went by rather quickly and I even went to bed early to prevent any interaction or questions about what happened.

I can't have him, and I think we both knew it wouldn't have worked. I almost went to his room that night to check on him. But I didn't. I needed to respect his space.

He was the sunlight, and I was the moon. Maybe one day we could meet among the stars— it would be so perfect until the eclipse ends. Then we would be back to almost lovers.

Additionally, had been also avoiding Draco. Only seeing him when needed to be. I sat next to him in our classes, of course. We worked on assignments and potions together without saying a word about what happened last week.

I knew eventually I would have to ask him to help me create something that could help me with transforming at the end of each moon cycle. He was better at brewing than any other person I knew. Slughorn wouldn't let me in the classroom without Draco.

Transfiguration was the most troublesome class with Draco because he had to physically touch my side to complete the assignment. My body would tense up and after the second time, he started drawing circles on the side of my hip when I felt as if I couldn't breathe.

And I still couldn't fucking breathe. How could I?

I needed to show him that I wasn't this delicate flower that he could push around. I couldn't do that. Because I would let him. I would let him push me around.

I don't even know why I was feeling so insecure about what I was wearing to the dance- it was more of what I looked like. I didn't want anyone to see my scars.

Another dumb thing about my personality that has changed since the war. I was never self-conscious before any of this. I was that bitch. Now I'm just that bitch.

If I wasn't drunk, this stupid dance would have been a complete flop. I wanted to have a good time with my friends, but I couldn't find Lydia and Pansy. I went to hang out with Theo and Blaise just to hear them talking about me.