𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

!!! double chapters this week for the new besties- howdy yall 🤠 !!!

*Please review the trigger warnings before reading.*

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

ᵀʰᵉᵒᵈᵒʳᵉ ᴺᵒᵗᵗ

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

The nightmares didn't end when Marley and I started to become distant. I hadn't had a conversation with her since before the dance over a week ago. Not that she was attempting to talk to me either.

I was purposely rude to her to push her away. It's the only way I knew how to get her attention in a corner and talk to me as if it never happened.

Somehow I noticed pinpoints of reality laced into different aspects of my dreams. All my senses were working collectively in an attempt to escape the rotating reminiscence playing in front of me every time I closed my eyes.

"She's going to die, Theo." Daphane Greengrass cried at me. She was talking about Marley. She was half passed out in my arms with blood seeping out of the newly gash on her stomach. I had blood all over my grey shirt. Dead goblins in front of us and a few of our classmates near the wall had just fallen.

Daphne's eyes were darting between us and the last bottle of dittany. Enough to only save one of them. Astoria was behind Daphne, slowly hanging on to her final gust of life.

"Listen to Draco." Pansy knelt next to Marley's body and sadly exclaimed, "Look at her, Theo. She is barely breathing."  She was fiddling with her necklace that was crusted with sweat and blood.

Draco was next to communicate, rushing his words as if he didn't give a fuck about what happened to Marley. And he didn't, he never has, and he never will. "And even if she does live. She will be a werewolf."

Lydia, who was manipulating the whole situation, frantically spoke while clutching Daphane up by her arm, "And what kind of existence is that, Theo? Do you want her to be miserable for the rest of her life?"

"She's going to fucking know, Lydia! She was awake when Daphne told her that they switched on purpose!" I attempted to help Marley one last time, but Draco had already made up his mind long before anything happened. It was almost as if nobody fucking cared about Marley.

I pressed my lips together in a frown and faced him, "What about phoenix tears or unicorn blood? There has to be a way we can save all of us. Where is Zabini?"

"Millicent was the last of it, and look what happened to her. We used all of the supply, Nott." Draco's vicious unapologetic words were always the last stab into my heart, "She's not going to know what we did if she's dead."
He turned to Lydia, "The conversation is over. Give the bottle to Greengrass, Lydia. Let's move on before we all get hurt again."

And there it was.. the gateway to hell. The tunnel that leads to all the darkness in our friend group. There was no escaping the path of constant pain, the tunnel of untouched guilt, the road of empty promises and lies. Because when I woke up, she was there. Everyone else was dead. And no matter how hard we tried to fix what happened- the death of my friends... the end of my mother— it won't ever change.

I was attempting to make my way through the day without thinking of Marley's transformation tonight.
By the end of classes, Marley had barely said a few sentences to me. I wanted to ask if she's okay— if she would be okay. But I didn't. I couldn't. It still hurt to see her knowing that she was so quick to throw everything away.