seventy-five

hi.

please read trigger warnings before reading!!

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙
𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

one heart broke.. four hands bloody.

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙PRESENT-DAY𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙
PRESENT-DAY
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

There's nothing I loved more than sleepy Marley. The way she laid her head into my body and her hair always sprayed out on me.

There was the satisfaction in her finding comfort in falling asleep near me. Like instinct, she would wrap her fingers around my arm when she was close to having a nightmare and that's when I would pull her closer to me. Or, if it the terror lasted longer than forty-five seconds, I would wake her up.

Something was wrong. Why was something always wrong?

After dinner last night our routine was interrupted. Marley usually goes to hang out with Luna and Neville, she comes back to the Slytherin dungeon a few hours later, we both get ready for bed.

But, last night she was so exhausted from the remedial final that she took a shower and curled into bed almost immediately after dinner. Begging me to come snuggle her to sleep, which of course why would I oppose those big brown eyes pouting at me to sleep with her.

I stayed up all night- fiddling with a piece of her hair as she lightly snored, a little wet patch of drool on my chest, just next to her lips. My deeply exhausted girl.

I imagined life after graduation- moving into the cottage permanently, having her clothes in the drawers, her stuff in the bathroom, her books on the bookshelf in the living room.

Granted, most of her things are already at the cottage but this time it would be... for us. Together. We would be living together. And when the time was right, maybe a few years from now, we could build a bigger house.

It will be warm, nice and familiar... like we'd been doing this all along. All will be well and no one would never need to bother us again.

Luckily, I was awake when my owl started obnoxiously pecking at the window of Marley's dorm, perching itself next to Marley's owl with a letter in its mouth from Malfoy Manor.

I could tell something was wrong by the way the Malfoy crest glistened off the parchment paper and the messy scribble of my mother's handwriting- she was rushing. And rushing was not a trait Narcissa Malfoy liked to have.

All this lead to me creepily standing over my girlfriend as she slept, letter from my mother in my left hand, my wand in my right.

She was... perfect. My little warm ball of comfort. So sleepy and exhausted from trying to get her life back on track. A life that she didn't ask for but was so harshly given.