epilogue one

no trigger warnings needed <3 

all i could do was love you hard.. and let you go. 

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙
𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

When everyone said that all the tragic happenings in my life had a reason, I never wanted to believe it. Until now.

They all led up to these moments with the love of my life and a perfect little baby. The only peculiarity to ever living this life with her was a tragedy. And we were okay with that. 

I had to step up-there was not going to be any other universe where Marley and I weren't together. I wouldn't even chance it- or allow it.

Only one short month after Marley placed the half-year-old baby in her arms, we still hadn't left the London flat. I didn't want to have it any other way,  to be honest.

That was until it was a new moon and Marley needed to leave us. She had no choice. 

"I laid out her onesie as pajamas and her milk is already poured into the bottle," she tutted nervously. "It just needs to be heated in the warmer and.. and if you don't feel comfortable giving her a bath, she can skip for tonight. But make sure you put the lotion on her, or her skin will all get dry."

I hummed at her soft demands, "Marley, she will be fine. We do the same routine every night. I got this. You need to be focused, remember?"

She nodded a few times then bit her bottom lip, looking back at Nora bouncing in her bouncer. "I'll be back first thing in the morning."

"Yes, get yourself cleaned up at the cottage and then come back to us," I looked back at Nora the same way she did, then back to her. I can't believe after all these years, she still looks as beautiful as she did when I saw her for the first time. "We will be here waiting for you, Mars."

I tried to hide my nervousness for her. I didn't want her to go back to the cottage yet. She wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for her to go and leave my side. The last time was too soon and the worst thing happened.

"She's probably so confused," Marley frowned. "I don't want her to think I'm abandoning her. It hasn't even been a month since-."

"And she's done so well adjusting. You've done so well adjusting," I reminded her, giving her the slight praise that I knew would make her tingle a bit. "She knows you'll be back, don't get in your head about it. You're doing so good, baby."

She gave me a small, tiny smile and then looked at the clock on the stove. "I should go soon, it's only getting later and I don't want to be stuck too long."

"I went by last week and set everything up for you. If anything goes wrong Neville and Luna will come over and help you. I'll take care of Nora," I insisted again, repeating myself. "Or, if you absolutely need me, Luna can come over here and watch Nora while I help you."

I would rather not Neville or Luna help either of the girls, but if needed... that was the agreement we made. Of course, Neville and Luna were more than happy to hear from Marley and agreed to help without any questions.

It was hard to trust anyone, especially with Nora. I know the intentions of our friends were genuine but with everything that happened, it seemed impossible to let anyone into our little family now.

"Alright," she pulled the sweatshirt through her arms and over her head. "I wish she was old enough to come to the cottage with us. But she's just too young to apparate. I don't want to hurt her."