twenty-eight

a/n
howdy 🤠

Please review TRIGGER WARNINGS before reading

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙
𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙕𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙞
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

Draco and I both had owls the morning after Marley's Halloween birthday party

Draco and I both had owls the morning after Marley's Halloween birthday party. Theodore slept at Taylor's dorm and with the amount of partying we all did- it was an unpleasant surprise to hear a peck at the window at nearly four am.

"Fucks sake," Draco grumbled, reaching the window to unlatch it. The uncomfortable silence filled the room as we both knew who the letters were from.

Draco handed me mine - not meeting my eye contact as the seal from the Ministry wax pressed onto the envelope.

"Fuck," I said out loud. I rubbed my eyes hoping to not get the news I knew was receiving. I ripped open the letter and stared at it. The final letter about my fathers sentencing

Draco's expression ghosted. For the first time in a long time, or maybe even the first time, I watched him become sad. He read the letter. Then shoved it in his backpack.

Inner me- the one who is still pissed off at Draco and wanted revenge for ruining Katie's life was happy that he was sad. But, with the same letter in my hand as him, I can imagine we are feeling the same way.

"You okay, man?"

He took a deep sigh and quickly mumbled a spell to change his clothes and make his bed.

"Fuck off," I heard a flight tremble in his voice. He wasn't crying, right?

I cleared my throat from acid reflux and sat upright in my bed again, staring at the letter and the words "final sentence" then "lethal injection" over and over. Until the words didn't have any meaning.

———
I probably should have told the rest of the group about the last time I was at Kingsley Manor. When her parents forced her to eat that meat or whatever the fuck happened that caused her to throw up so much.

When the five of us were invited to her birthday brunch as a surprise, I never expected the day to turn to shit before we got back to the castle.

Morta, the Kingsley house elf, lead us into the house and through the hallway to the grand hall once we arrived. There was a mix between businessmen and elves in the room.

No one our age- but that didn't surprise me. Not including us, it seemed there was about twenty-five guest.

"Why do you keep saying that? What guest?" We could hear faint yelling from behind the door, "More of your dumb investors? I'll be more than happy to tell them to fuck off."