sixty-two

if u didn't feel bad for Marley you better start 

please read trigger warnings before reading

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙
𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓮𝔂 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼𝓵𝓮𝔂
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

We used a portkey to get to Malfoy Manor instead of the usually twisted apparition because Draco said it was safer

We used a portkey to get to Malfoy Manor instead of the usually twisted apparition because Draco said it was safer. He was extremely nervous and rambling off about things that didn't matter, which was beyond different than how he was acting all week we were together.

I felt that it was my turn to support and be there for him. He was being so kind and patient with me while I tried to work through my feelings. I sometimes felt as if I was giving him the same respect or a mutual understanding. Nonetheless, he was so nervous for reasons he didn't say that I could see his heartbeat pulsating from a vein in his neck.

It was incredibly hot.. but, also extremely alarming.

It was already dark and clouded in the sky when we arrived, which was also common for this part of England. It made goosebumps form over my exposed skin, making me shift the jacket I was wearing to moreover my shoulders. I wore a long-sleeve black bodysuit with a skirt and stockings. Draco had a usually black suit on without the out coat and his sleeves were perfectly rolled up. 

Draco kissed my forehead before opening the doors to his own house and grimly reminded me that he loved me more than anything he ever loved before. And that I meant the world to him. If anything were to happen and we got split up, to immediately meet back home at the cottage. I tried to protest, but he wasn't having it.

But, when we finally got situated inside, Draco didn't say a word to me for a full twenty to thirty minutes. I didn't ask, in hopes of not sounding ignorant but I really didn't understand what Lucius Malfoy was doing.

We stayed near the drink table, so we could refill when needed. Keeping to ourselves, hoping to avoid our parents for as long as we could. It wasn't a long period after we arrived that Draco and I were bombarded with glares from other members, who really weren't important.

"Marley," Mr. Nott pulled me away from Draco and into a hug. I greeted him back politely, but hesitantly as I bounced right back into Draco's hold after. "Please tell me how my son is? He didn't come home for Christmas," he half-laughed. "If it wasn't for spending more time with you, I would be worried."

I took a step back towards Draco, his hand subtlety snaking around my waist. I shook my head in confusion at his comment, "I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm sorry," I looked at Draco quickly before returning to Mr. Nott, "I haven't seen Theodore since last week when he stopped by. Have you tried owling?"