sixty-one

okay.. I know I missed an upload last week but :/ not sry but also sry

Last fluffy Drakins chapter for a little bit.. the drama starts back up and the fic is close to ending.

as always.. read the trigger warnings. 18+
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙
𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

 18+𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

Marley couldn't sleep. God, it was more infuriating than anything I have ever witnessed before. She was only sleeping for about an hour after I carried her to the bed before the nightmares started. Honestly, I had forgotten how terrible it was- all the nighttime shaking and the small gasps for air like she couldn't breathe.

Shivering under heaps of fluffy blankets as if she was cold. But because of being a werewolf, she was never cold and had a very warm body. She was shivering because she was exhausted and scared. I hated seeing her that way. It was maddening.

I understood now why she wasn't sleeping while I was away from her. She couldn't wake herself up from the night terrors. So, she decided that sleep deprivation was better than seeing whatever she was dreaming of. I tried to get her to talk about it, but she was very hesitant.

We decided to apparate home to the cottage around five in the morning on Christmas day. She claimed she had some sort of 'internal Christmas alarm clock', but really she was just down about not getting to open presents with her brother.

While she showered, I cleaned up the mess that I had left in the house. It wasn't much but a few empty glass bottles and dishes left in the sink but I was pretty careless about it all considering how heartbroken and drunk I was. Then, I was stabbed and left for dead.

Spread all over the living room coffee table were Marley's hospital file folders and booklet notes that the scientist took on her. I was trying to piece it all together but ended up with a big mess.

The more I read what they were doing to her, the angrier I became. The more possessive I became. I don't even know why I felt that way. She was always mine. She knew she was mine. I knew she was mine.

I couldn't stand the way they touched her. The way they taunt her when she's the most vulnerable. Shoving food and rawhides of animals into her face after she told them time and time that she didn't want anything.

The thing was, I wanted to give her the world. Take care of whatever she needs for the rest of our lives. I know she's better off without the support of her parents. I just had to get her to believe it to be true. She wasn't going to survive the next full moon if she goes back to her father's care.  She needed me to push her, even if she didn't say it out loud.

After another hour of tossing and turning, I could tell how frustrated she was becoming due to the lack of sleep. I proposed that we smoked some weed to calm her anxiety and after four rips from the bong, we both were remarkably high.