𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

a/n: hi <3 pls comment your thoughts ily

I made a video for this chapter on my Instagram
@whyamihereiamgrown

*Please review the trigger warnings before reading.*

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙
ʟʏᴅɪᴀ ʟᴏɴɢʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

"Those terrifying nightmares are back," Neville stated as we took a stroll together. "Now they are about what we did. And how we didn't tell anyone. Should we tell someone?"

I examined my twin from my left side view. He was wearing his uniform, loosened the tie, and an untucked shirt. He looked stressed but not more than usual.

That appeared to be the energy between most of the sixth and seventh years. Too exhausted and too aggravated to care about the ridiculous rules Hogwarts gave us. Do you blame us?

I don't think any of us wanted to be here. The joy of using witchcraft was gone. Magic was no longer... magical. The war took it from us, and an unpleasant reminder of everything leading up to when it was stolen lingered the hallways.

"I get them too," I carefully watched where I placed my feet, hoping not to trip on a thick branch or vine in the fresh ground. "And no. I don't think so. Marley has this lavender shit that helps with sleeping. I'm sure you know about it with your herbology infatuation."

We always ended our walk at the south castle greenhouse. Neville had to teach a class every morning after breakfast, and sometimes taking a walk together was the only time we both had alone to talk.

"I heard you have detention all week," he raised his brows. "You know you can get expelled for smoking and drinking on castle grounds."

"Yeah, shit blows. All six of us- plus Taylor Martin. Theodore's new Marley. When did Pucey become a student-professor?"

"I was wondering why he was roaming the halls yesterday. He's a prick."

We both were quiet again. He picked up a plant and inspected its leaves, "Ronald is my roommate now, y'know."

I let out a displeased sigh, pretending not to be bothered by where this conversation was leading, "I don't want to hear about it, Nev."

"Well, I'm going to tell you. Listen or not." He taunted my tone back at me, "they aren't dating, Lyd. He confessed all about it."

"Yet," I note, reducing his reply short. "She always will go back to him. He's her comfort person for some fucked reason."

"Is she yours?" He repotted one of his semi-green plants and placed it back on the shelf. Before turning towards me, "Have you ever thought that maybe she finds comfort in him because he was the only one around at the time?"

"You're my comfort person." I still leaned against the wall, "In some ways, I guess she could be mine. I never really thought about it. And, I'm trying not to think about it."

The thought of Ronald being back at Hogwarts made me outraged. I could almost feel myself start to panic and become riddled with sickness at the thought of his hands around her waist.  Or him sleeping in bed with her. His foolish attempt to drive her to her edge.