sixty-three

howdy, folks !!!
Please read trigger warnings before reading 🙂🪄
good luck 🍀 lots of drama and dialogue
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙
𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙕𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙞
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

howdy, folks !!! Please read trigger warnings before reading 🙂🪄good luck 🍀  lots of drama and dialogue𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙕𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙞𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

The fourth floor of St. Mungo's wasn't nearly the perfect location for Katie and I's first winter holiday together. I wouldn't have ever picked the cream-colored hospital floors or the grim view of this winter's blizzard from the fourth-floor windows.

I much rather have taken Katie to Switzerland. We could have stayed in a nice cabin that had a cozy, warm bed with big windows that overviewed the alps in the distance. We could have watched the snow come down from there, instead of here. And in the morning we could have ordered a full breakfast from room service instead of the shitty breakfast she gets here.

Katie was feeling a lot better. She remembered more and more each day. Her seizures have almost stopped completely thanks to some new muggle medication trial. The sudden burst of uncontrolled electrical activity between her brain cells , it caused temporary abnormalities in muscle tone.

It would be another few months until she could leave the hospital grounds, then another few to adjust back with her parents. Even though I desperately wanted to take her on some extravagant, lashvish Swiss holiday, I couldn't.

So, I brought it to her instead. It had painfully been a long two weeks without seeing her. And even longer since we had been alone together. I decided to press my luck. Besides, a little confundus charm on the nursing staff to allow me to stay past visiting hours never hurt anybody.

Katie was laying on my chest,her hair sprailed out onto my shirt as if I was her pillow. I had enchanted the ceiling in her room to resemble the picturesque icy Swiss sky. I brought a big, gryfindoor colored blanket and some few snacks that she loved.

I noticed that she was really into holding on my hand today and after being apart for a long time, this was completely perfect. This moment was utterly perfect. "You feeling okay?"

She nodded again, but her eyebrows were still knitted together in some sort of unprecident frustration. She glanced over at me and then to the apple juice. "Yes, I am feeling okay."

"Alright," I wanted to pull her into my chest and craddel her until she awasn;t feeling so upset. "What is wrong then? Do you want more apple juice?"

"No," she says quickly. "I don't want more apple juice. I just.. I think I'm upset and confused. Its a new feeling, actually."

"Okay," I placed my wand down on the blanket and sat up fully. "Why doing think you are feeling that way? Talk to me."

She leaned forward, holding her knees and placed her chin on top. Her fingers sitll played with mine, which I loved more than she would ever know. "Why didn't you come visit me on Christmas?"