42.

Having to leave my home and Ermias was difficult and my emotions were off the fucking roof.

As Jroc drove us away from "danger" which I ain't feel like it was "dangerous." . It didn't take long for him to spot a tail, a grey car that had been following us from my house block for a good twenty minutes. 

They had been stalking us and I hadn't known, though the feelings I'd had of being followed were now making sense. My fear was that we would never get to safety, but after three blocks we managed to lose the tail due to Jroc crazy driving. 

To distract myself once we were on the highway, I called Malika, knowing that she'd be wondering why I hadn't told her about my situations. 

Our friendship was kind of shaky these days, and I found it difficult to fully confide in her although we still talked about personal things.

Due to that, I didn't tell her the truth and instead spun a story about going away for a while to visit my dad who had finally moved out the house my parents shared.  When she asked whether Ermias would be with me, I told her exactly what everyone knew, We aint together like that.

"Tell me more about what we doing?" I said to Jroc once I was done with my phone call. I also glanced behind me to see Kam staring at me with his big brown eyes.

"I told Nip to tell you so many times but right now I agree, it's not going to help. You'll just get scared." 

"Scared of what?" I said irritated. "Ima tell you after. You know all the important information, that's about all you need."  Although I didn't like it, he wasn't going to budge.

"Are you at least going to tell me where we're going?" 

"Dont worry you know him pretty well." He said shrugging his shoulders.

I laid my head back and tried my best to relax, the lack of sleep from the night before finally catching up with me.

Before I knew it my lids gave way and I fell asleep, momentarily forgetting about my troubles.

Hours later I woke as we pulled up outside a house. I felt my worry decreasing. Until we got to the door and when it opened it was my fucking FATHER.

"Bring your ass in." He said in greeting then immediately walking back into the house. So i guess technically I wasn't lying to Malika.

Jroc grinned as he followed so we did the same. "How the fuck did you get in touch with my dad?" I rolled my eyes whisper yelling at him.

"Um Hoggy went through Nae phone to get the number so .. Surprise! I know shit aint been right but please this safer than being around town not knowing where this weird ass nigga at." He responded as I rolled my eyes.

I wanted to talk to Ermias because I was bored and I didn't want to stay with my dad specially under these circumstances. The phone rang about three times.

"Im not staying here Ermias. Im coming back home." I said once he picked up after a few rings. 

"What Kam Doing?" He ignored me complainin. "He's missing you a lot." I said with a pained sigh. 

"I love both of yall."

"Mhm. But why you could stay back but I couldn't?" I asked.

"Boog."

"What have you been doing?"  I asked ignoring him.  "On a search to get a nigga blew up." He said seriously , attempting to make me smile but I couldn't when I knew that he was half serious at the same time.  Wanting to distract him even for just the short length of time we could talk to each other.