28.

"Take your time with my love 'cause there ain't no refund, We break up and get back together like reruns" -Majornine

Lauren

I was finally back in my house, Yes, Dave was weird but he stopped for a while. Now, Dave and I are very cool peoples. He toned down on his weirdom and he's become very tolerable every since.

He informed me about his "cousins" funeral and I kinda felt bad for the guy. He said they were close and its still no trail on who could've did such a thing to her. I mean, I didn't care. I didn't do it but its all so sad what can happen in such a short amount of time.

I often thought... Maybe it was her KARMA?! But, I felt that was selfish to say because then what would be my karma?

Sitting at the counter I decided to call Malika, She's been my backbone forever. "Thank you Malika, I really appreciate you covering for me." Sighing in bliss that my best friend has been holding my end down I fell back on my bed.

"Of course. We're a team and we have to watch each other's backs. Do you still want to go forward with looking for a new home? Since the weirdo keeps stalking you?" She asked.

"Yes. Without question although he apologized for his role in playing weird." I said promptly.

"I'll keep looking and send you everything I find. Get some rest and give your mom my love. I'll talk to you soon." The sound of her laugh through the phone is music to my ears.

  I've heard nothing short of chaos over the last few days so I'm just grateful for a little positivity.

"I love you!! You have no clue what you mean to me." Knocking on my door drew my attention, It was a hard but short knock. "I gotta go girl. Have a good night. I love you." Ending my call I set my phone down beside me.

I walked to the door and looked into the peep hole. "This man..." I whispered in my head and also out loud.

"Hey." I said while putting my hair in a ponytail.

He smiled, "Damn." he said, and hugged me lightly, ugh he smelled so good all the time.

"You smell good." I complimented.

"You tell me that everytime I see you." he said laughing lightly.

"Cause its true." I rolled my eyes.

"you switched up your cologne?" I asked him.

Holding Kam in my hands getting ready to hand him over. "Damn what you is? A smell detector? Yeah I did." He held his hands out for him.

"How you been?" I asked him while he focused on the baby. He nodded, "I'm alright, working on shit and things like that." he said.

He walked straight pass me.

Nosey.

He looked around, Then strolled through the hallway making noise. "What you doing sir?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Aint nobody here? I thought Nae was?" He asked.

"You couldn't have thought that, she's with your sister." I said letting out a light laugh. I knew what he was doing.

"Who's stuff is that over there in that bag?" Ermias asked, I looked over at the bag and without thinking first, I answered. "Oh, that's Dave's," I said.

"What is it doing in here tho?" He asked.

"I told you that I forgave him so its best for you to get over it remember?" I stuttered every word as I got up.

"No, you didn't." He put Kam on the couch. I backed away from him and sat on the couch.

"You let him round my son?!" He yelled as he bent down to my level. I ignored him. "Ya know betrayal is the opposite of loyalty?" He said after awhile of silence. I didn't wanna answer him.

"Yeah, Ermias. I went to school!" I yelled.

"We ain't talkin' about no damn school! I wanna know why my question hasn't been answered yet."

"No he isn't here when I have Kam." I said as I started walking out of the room. He grabbed my arm.

"That stuttering shit getting you caught up. I don't have women around Kam so I expect you not to have any body that aint family around my son." He said as Kam pulled at his earring.

"I'm his mother Ermias. If I feel its safe and we are cool enough for that so be it. I'll never put him in a dangerous situation." I explained. Walking out as he grabbed my arm.

"Where you going?"

"You wanna sit here questioning me like I'm your child. Take him and leave." I walked to the door to open it.

"Damn we was just on good terms not to long ago. Now you rushing me out? Ion ever do you like that. You must be doing something you aint got no business doing." He said as I held Kam's bag out towards him to grab.

"You just keep talking about something that you know nothing about or have any evidence of." I yelled. He squinted his eyes, staring deeply in my soul.

"Why you tripping? I asked about a nigga being around my son. If he aint around aint no reason to be this mad. Now you just being disrespectful and Ian disrespect you yet." He said trying to get more of a reaction out of me.

I don't know why I was pushing him away but I am pretty sure it was because he was accusing me of things.

Or.. Maybe it was because he was questioning me as well when I am grown.

"You can go now Ermias. I'll call you when I want to see my baby."

He chuckled, "I'm so tempted to push your ass down. Can't believe I got two kids by two idiots."

"Then do it. You were nothing but a mistake Ermias. I don't understand why you can't get the child and go?"

"Oh. Our relationship wasn't real? You right. Nothing about it was real. There was no love, there was no feelings, there was nothing!"

"Okay the feelings mutual." I chuckled.

"The only reason I wouldn't leave your ass alone was because you was pregnant with my baby!" All the tears that I had been holding in for the past few weeks, came rushing out of my eyes.

I did love him and I thought he loved me because he said he did but now I know, it was just something he said to get me to stay.

"Look at you wanting to cry now. Ion even know why you try going there with me. I aint gone spare you."

"You can go now." I said.

"This shit clear that we miss each other. I miss you. So now we just saying shit to hurt each other. I say that shit outta anger."

"Look Ermias, I miss you too but I just don't think I can give us another try" I said. "Tell me u don't love me and I'll leave" He said staring into my eyes. I jus looked at the floor.

"Exactly" he said shaking his head. "Ermias just because I still love u doesn't mean we should be together" I quickly replied.

"Looks like you have made up ur mind then I guess I'll go" he began to walk towards the door. I followed him to the door before I could shut the door he looked at me directly in the eyes and said "I won't give up on us this ain't over" then he leaned in and pecked me on the cheek.

He walked out the door I hurried and shut the door and locked it. I slid down the wall as I began to cry my eyes out. Like some movie shit.

The shit you see on a tyler perry film. My life is so messed up right now. Nothing made sense.