Chapter 19

The  H/C seven-year-old girl immediately sat up on her bed to catch her breath. She had experienced another nightmare but this time, it involved the Slenderbrothers' deaths. Seeing as she was still young, the thought of death scared her especially when it came to her loved ones.

Her eyes scanned around her pink room to look for his presence. He had claimed he enjoyed watching her suffer every night. She never understood why he would set a curse on her. How could a human- a demon be so cruel.

Alas her eyes spotted his red eyes. He had been leaning on the wall with his arms crossed. She slowly looked down to his lips, the ones that were beneath his nose. His lips turned into a smirk as she stared at him in fear.

"Care to talk about your nightmare, young one?" He slowly walked up towards her and sat at the edge of her bed.

"Uncle Sp-Splendy d-died along with my uncle O-Offendy and T-Trendy," she whispered as she felt tears come out of her eyes. She couldn't handle the idea of them dying. "Why do you do this to me?" She cried.

"My dear sweet Y/N, I'm simply helping you. You are to be Slenderman's right-hand proxy therefore you need to get stronger. No weak creature like you is capable of surviving if they're weak."

Y/N looked away as she broke down. For months he had given her nightmares every single night. This affected her performance in training since she wouldn't fall back asleep after a nightmare. She feared it would result in her getting another nightmare if she fell back asleep. For days she had only gotten a few hours of sleep. She desperately wanted to tell Slenderman or her uncles about the ongoing nightmares, but Zalgo made it clear if she were to tell anyone, he would kill them in front of her.

"I'm not weak," she muttered as she closed her eyes.

Zalgo sat there with a smirk on his face. He adored seeing her break down in front of him. He knew she wasn't weak. She was one of the strongest humans he had ever encountered. He wanted to give her a little push. He knew if he pushed her harder, she would be capable of taking on her own life, not that he wouldn't mind of course.

"Should I give you another nightmare but this time of what would happen if I pushed you further?" His smirk got wider. She widened her eyes as she furiously shook her head.

"Get out!" She screamed as she let more tears fall. She knew what she had gotten herself into.

"You screamed," he pointed out as he got up to lean on the wall. "If they suspect something, it would be a shame what would happen to them."

Immediately, Splendor opened the door and turned on the lights which made Y/N fear if he saw Zalgo. She gripped her sheets in fear as she looked at where Zalgo used to be located. Now, all she saw was her pink wall. Zalgo had disappeared.

"Y/N what's wrong!" He asked as he sat next to her. He rubbed her back as an attempt of comfort.

She wanted to tell Splendor everything she had to deal with at night. Unfortunately for her, Zalgo had made it clear why it would be a bad idea. She didn't want to endanger his life because of her selfish feelings.

"I saw a spider," she lied. If Slenderman was here, he would have known she was lying. He didn't seem to care about her screams whatsoever. She was relieved he didn't.

"But Y/N, you killed one yesterday." He pointed out before walking up towards her. He removed the sheets off her bed to look for the spider.