Chapter 14

After hanging out with Chloe and Carter for most of the day, Derek and I went to his penthouse to eat dinner. He bragged he was an excellent chef which I doubted at first, but he proved he was. He made (Food Choice) which was surprisingly good.

Here we were eating on the white marble table as he was telling me stories about his childhood. Surprisingly, he didn't ask for mine. There wasn't much for me to tell him either way. If he did, then I had to invent something.

"I just remember Damian and I were so close but then our parents died and that's when things escalated."

"And do you know where he is?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I don't think he would ever visit me even at my wedding or funeral."

I yawned to cover my smile after he mentioned 'funeral'. Hopefully, I'll kill him tomorrow or the next day.

He chuckled before standing up. "Wanna go to bed? I'll clean the dishes and then I'll join you."

I nodded at him and made my way towards the bedroom. I put on a black t-shirt with grey sweatpants before I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I finished, Derek had just gotten inside the room. He also changed into comfortable clothing before he went to the bathroom and then joined me in bed.

As he lifted the covers, I realized this was the first time I've ever slept here with him. All the other times I had been faking it and slept on the couch.

Seeing as I was facing away from him, I felt him wrap his arm on my stomach and pull me closer to his chest. I turned around to face him before placing my head and hand on his chest while he used his hands to play with my hair.

I felt gross that I had to share the bed with him but I had to remind myself this was temporary.

Minutes passed by after I faked I had fallen asleep. He kept playing with my hair and eventually started tracing figures on my arm. His phone kept vibrating on the nightstand which made him grab it with his free hand.

"You have the nerve to be calling at twelve in the morning." He softly spoke out while still rubbing my shoulder with his thumb. He didn't want me to wake up.

"Right, I'll take her there tomorrow so everything has to be ready. I can't make her suspect anything or else my plan won't work."

What he just said brought anxiety to me. Does Derek know my true identity? If that was the case, I need to eliminate him right away.

"She's sleeping right now. I'm surprised you didn't wake her up." I felt him move his head to confirm that I had been 'sleeping', Although I had my eyes closed, I tried to slow my breathing to make it more believable.

"I'll text you more details tomorrow. In the meantime, don't call me." He ended the call before placing his phone back on the nightstand. He lifted my chin to kiss my forehead before placing his hand on top of mine.

Once a few minutes passed, Derek was lightly snoring. Seeing as one of his hands was still touching my arm, I didn't want to risk waking him up.

I sighed before closing my eyes and hoping I'll be able to kill them soon.

(...)

We had another meeting the next morning. Surprisingly, Derek and I were the first ones to attend. One by one, each member of the association arrived with Rachel being the last. Today she decided to wear a similar outfit I had worn yesterday with tons of layers of makeup.

She acted differently whatsoever. When she arrived, she had a tray of cups filled with tea. She claimed she had brought tea for all of us, but her forced smiled gave her away. She was up to no good.