Chapter 53

The fifteen-year-old boy ran into the forest as he kept kicking leaves. He was tired of the stress his parents were giving him. His parents were forcing him to take self-defense classes and taught him how to use weapons. He never understood why yet his parents never cared to explain. They only claimed he was important and this was all necessary.

"Zen this, Zen that. I fucking had it!" He yelled as he stomped onto the ground of leaves.

He felt he was being watched which made him take out his pocket knife.

"Who's there? I know how to use it and I'm not scared to hurt you no matter who you are!" He yelled.

Slenderman appeared in front of him making him faint due to the static in his head.

(~~~)

It had been three years since he was taken in by Slenderman and trained by him. He had to admit that his lessons with Slenderman were much better than with his parents. Slenderman wasn't harsh on him and gave him a year to improve his skills before going on his first mission.

"You can't mess it up." Slenderman's voice echoed through his head. "You must kill them. They pose a danger to me. Think of it like a test. If you pass, you will prove your loyalty to me and I shall give you the gift of immortality."

He walked through the empty streets as he looked for the given address. He grew up in this city and wondered how his parents were doing. Had they given up searching for him? Have they decided to move out? He didn't regret joining Slenderman and leaving his parents though.

He sighed as he finally recognized the address. It was the house his parents were eyeing before he left. He walked to the door before using a bobby pin to unlock it. Once he got inside, he quietly shut the door, not making a noise.

Pink balloons were scattered everywhere: on the ground, the stairs, and the walls. A girl's birthday was celebrated yesterday. Too bad she had to die the day after her birthday.

He thought about the memories he could have made with his parents in this house. More training, more lectures, more screams.

He heard a noise coming from the kitchen. He figured out where to go for his first kill. He sneaked up on the woman, a familiar smell hitting him. He ignored it as he stood behind her. She was making formula on a baby's bottle.

Using his hand to cover her mouth, he slid her throat as he stared with no emotion at the pink bottle filled with milk. Her chokes were muffled but not loud enough for her husband to hear. Once he was sure she was dead, he dropped her corpse on the floor. He couldn't bring himself to look at the woman he just murdered.

He walked away as he headed toward the stairway. He had to kill the father first before killing the child. As much as he didn't want to take her life away, he had to prove his loyalty.

Turning the doorknob, he saw a male laying on the king-sized bed. Shutting the door, he studied the male. He froze when the man moved to turn on the lamp.

Nothing could have prepared him for what he saw next.

"Zen?" His father spoke. "Wh-where have you been?" He was about to get up but Zen signaled him to stop with his hand.

"I've been busy."

Zen's father widened his eyes as he looked down at the bloody dagger he had in his hand.

"What did you do?"

"I killed your wife."

His breath hitched as he shook his head as he cried. "Why did you kill your mother!"