Chapter 43

That night, I dreamt of the pastas searching for me while I was tied up in a dark room. They had searched the whole castle but couldn't find me. I was paralyzed on the floor, helplessly watching them search for me through Zalgo's orbs.

As much as I hated Ben in the past, I still felt some sort of joy to see him. There wasn't a doubt he would tell the others about what had happened. Slenderman would be disappointed that not only Zalgo has one of his proxies, but a future ally as well.

I couldn't spend much time thinking about this though. Zalgo can read my mind and go through my memories. If I want to hide something, I mustn't think of it, unless he goes through my memories of course. I would be screwed if he does.

It seems Zalgo learned what privacy is because I woke up without Zalgo in the room again. As soon as I turned to my right, I saw a new nightstand with a clock on top of it. Zalgo must have brought it in the middle of the night.

10:20 am

I stared at it in disbelief. I refused to accept that I overslept again.

I got ready for the day before going to the patio. Surely enough, Zalgo in his human form was there drinking orange juice. I then noticed he had another couch on the side of the table. I figured out it was Dark Link's space.

"I hope you woke up in a good mood."

I hummed as I served myself (Drink Name).

"Dark Link should be joining us at any minute."

As I sat down, the door opened revealing Dark Link with two of Zalgo's minions behind him. They shut the door as Dark Link made his way to his seat. I didn't fail to notice he kept rubbing his left arm.

"Don't worry, my mark shouldn't hurt you in a couple of hours."

"It still fucking burns." He hissed. "Why couldn't you show up with your human form? You would have at least looked presentable."

"Don't talk to me like that or else I'll kill you."

Dark Link turned his gaze towards me before looking at the food in front of him.

"It's going to take a while to get used to this place."

"Y/N adjusted well. I'm sure you will too."

"I wouldn't say that." I quietly muttered.

Zalgo closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose before he looked at me.

"Dark Link is now my other proxy. I decided to bring him here last night because I will be leaving today and I want him to be some form of company for you Y/N." He explained.

"The hell are you going?" I asked

"I need to speak to an oracle. She doesn't appear at night which is why I have to go searching for her during the day. I anticipate leaving for a few hours, but don't be surprised if I arrive in the middle of the night." He then looked at the Dark Link before continuing. "If Y/N is in any form of danger because of you, I will know in time and won't hesitate to kill you, got it?"

Dark Link looked at him in fear before glancing at me. "I'm assuming what you told her about her soul last night also applies to me?"

"Of course it does, but I'll make sure I'll torture you longer."

The door was opened again which caused Zalgo to change into his actual form. "I told you not to interrupt us!" He fumed.

One of Zalgo's minions stepped back before stuttering. "But sir, it's important!"

Zalgo glared at him before he looked at us. "Go ahead and eat without me. I don't know how long this is going to take." He stood up before he made his way towards the exit.